Let me just tell you Diamonds .. this zippy zucchini is the most simplistic, but succulent summer side of all time!! You can whip it up within minutes, while adding very little ingredients, and have it be undeniably delicious!
- The longer you cook up these little spicy, pops of heat; the crispier, and yummier they will become!
Even if you think you are a horrible cook, if you don’t know your way around the kitchen at all, or you sometimes get confused on what to do with your farm fresh vegetables, this zucchini side dish will be a beautiful breeze for you! I never doubted you Diamonds before, and I’m not about to start. 😉
- I used one zucchini, but like I always say.. it would depend on how many people you are serving. Keep in mind as well, that zucchini is filled with water (like most vegetables) so they will shrivel down a bit after cooking.
- Chop the zucchini into individual cubed pieces, and toss them in a sauté pan with a glove of minced garlic, along with a gulp of good olive oil.
- Sautee on medium heat for five minutes!
As the zucchini cubes are beginning to crisp up, now is the time to add all of your seasonings! The seasonings, and powerful flavors are going to make this dish exactly what is needs, and is supposed to be.
THE SEASONINGS – Seasoned salt, fresh cracked black pepper, chili powder, smoked paprika, a drizzle of sriracha because I love that type of flavorful heat that it gives off, crushed red pepper flakes (as little or as much as you want for a spicy as you want it), and a squeeze of honey to balance out all of the smoky spice!
After the seasonings are combined, sauté the zippy zucchini for another five to ten minutes to let all those spices crust up around the outside of each unique cube!
As I said before.. this couldn’t be any easier, and it couldn’t be any better! It’s amazing along side grilled meats, or fish, fried chicken sandwiches, or even tossed in a succulent summer pasta! Speaking of pasta.. the summer season is the capitol of pasta salad season, and you Diamonds will be able to look forward to so much of that coming soon here on deep fried diamonds. 🙂
- Pro tip – Always remember .. just because something isn’t extremely different to make with 20 different ingredients, and steps.. it doesn’t mean it isn’t classy, and won’t delight the pallet when indulging!