What’s better than just eating pizza?!! Eating pizza combined into another dish! It never fails to be an incredible creation when you incorporate the flavors of pizza into a meal. This white pizza stuffed crescent ring is absolutely insane!! It puts you in the mindset of eating a calzone, except with a different type of dough. Creations like this are awesome for appetizers, or it can certainly be the star of a delicious lunch with a various variety of snacks surrounding it to munch on! It’s also the perfect add on for a nice big Italian Sunday Supper. If you Diamonds love bread & cheese.. this one’s for you! 🙂
The Yummy Cheese Mixture:
- This recipe is going to make double, so you can either cut it in half, or what I like to do is safe the rest of it to make a delicious white pizza for a relaxing movie night!
- 1 8oz. block of cream cheese.
- 1 cup of whole milk ricotta cheese.
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 2/3 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Fresh cracked black pepper, garlic powder, dried parsley, and dried oregano to taste. You can also add in red pepper flakes for some spice, but I left that out because my dad isn’t able to eat seeds of any kind.
After cracking open your can of crescent rolls, break each one apart from one another.. placing them side by side in a circle with the point of the triangle facing outwards. Once you have your dough looking like the morning sun, fill the entire center where all the pieces of dough connect with the gloriously thick cheese mixture.
Pull each end of the crescent roll over the cheese.. tucking the ends into the center of the ring. I wanted the top of the stuffed white pizza to have shine, and even more flavor than we already have going on inside. What’s a better way to get some flavor on dough than Italian herbed butter?!
- Melt two tablespoons of butter with 1 teaspoon of oregano, and a pinch of parsley. You could also just use Italian seasoning mix as well!
- Brush the beautiful melted butter all over the top of the ring and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Diamonds.. just look at all of that melty, gooey cheese dripping out of the side of the roll!
This Crescent Roll White Pizza Ring is so gorgeous on it’s own, but you can definitely choose to serve it with marinara sauce, or even vodka sauce would be really really tasty as well. Since it almost looks like a “wreath”, or a piece of “decor” in food form you can use it as a centerpiece on your dinner table, and just have people break pieces off of it as they wish! Since it IS Friday which has always reminded me of pizza day because that’s the night my family would always order takeout for us when we were younger as a treat for the end of the school week.. today is perfect for this dish! To this day we still order pizza out a lot on the weekends, or we’ll go out to eat to enjoy a wonderful meal together, just to get out a little bit!