I hope you Diamonds all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with your loved ones. This week I am coming back at you again with yet another crab creation! When June finally arrives I automatically get straight into Summer mode, particularly with the food I make. Summer meals for me, will always consist of a ton of delicious seafood, especially crab!! Crab is for sure at the top of my list if I had to choose only one type of crustacean to eat for the rest of my life. If you’re a fan of crab cakes of any kind, you’ll be super duper into these jumbo lump crab meat balls! I promise! Let me show you how I created them!!
The Crab Mixture:
- One can of Jumbo lump crab meat.
- One large egg.
- 1/2 cup of regular Italian breadcrumbs.
- 1/2 cup of good mayonnaise.
- 1/4 of a lemon, squeezed.
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream.
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce.
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped.
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped.
- Mix & combine everything and season with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and old bay seasoning.
When your crab mixture is fully combined you’re ready to roll! Literally. Take a small handful of filling and roll it into the size of a meatball, or golf ball. Whichever one you’d like to mimic. 😉 Then roll the entire ball into breadcrumbs that are seasoned with black pepper and chopped parsley. That finally step is extremely necessary in the crunch making process.
Air fry these babies on 370 degrees for 10 minutes until golden brown. If you do not have an air fryer to cook these, you could fry them in a pan with oil using a thermometer to ensure that the temperature stays as close to 350 degrees as it can be.
Diamonds.. just take a look at how insanely gorgeous these crab balls turn out in the air fryer! That last step we took to roll them in the bread crumbs before coming into contact with the heat was definitely well worth it! It makes them extremely crunchy, crispy, and crazy good!!
The Lemon Pepper Aioli:
- 1/4 cup of mayo
- 1/4 of a lemon, squeezed.
- Lots and lots of freshly cracked black pepper
- A few dashes of your favorite hot sauce to enhance that flavor that we put into the balls themselves.
- Finally, finish with a few shakes of chili powder to give it some more color.
These impeccabile little versions of mini crab cakes are filled with the finest ingredients that are guaranteed to make anyones mouth water at any event! They’re perfect for graduation parties, birthday parties, summertime cookouts and barbecues, or if you really want to go all out for an event you can certainly set these up at a seafood bar. You Diamonds will absolutely fall so hard for these crab balls; that you’ll want to make them every single time you throw a party!