Sometimes after the work day is over, or you come home from a busy day of running around on a Saturday afternoon all you want to do is just relax on the couch with a really lovely charcuterie board instead of spending the rest of the night in the kitchen cooking a big meal for dinner. This winter board is the best combination of everything you could want. A few different cheeses, meats, fruits, nuts, and some spicy, vinegary bites come together to give you the most amazing night of munching that you’ve ever had!
- Mixed mushroom and chive cheese. (For anybody wondering I found this cheese at Giant! I have never seen it before until this first encounter! lol)
- Buffalo wing hot pepper cheese. I also got this cheese at Giant and I have to say if you aren’t a hot food lover I would not attempt even touching this cheese to your lips. It is packed with heat!!
- Fresh Polish kielbasa from a local deli.
- Salty, spicy pepperoni.
Fruits, nuts, and accompaniments:
- Red grapes.
- Red raspberries.
- Blue cheese stuffed green olives.
- Kickin’ peanuts.
- Crushed hot peppers in oil. This is very hot, but if you’re into that you can spread it on a cracker and a piece of cheese on top for an awesome kick of flavor.
- Salt & pepper cashews.
- Roasted red peppers cut into bite sized pieces.
- Crostini crackers in two different little shapes. You can add any kind of crackers though that you would like to your charcuterie board, or snack platter.
I really feel like this board has everything you could need or want especially if you are indulging in this as a replacement of an “actual meal”. It has protein, fats, fruits, and some vinegary vegetables. The flavor profile is perfect as well because you get a little taste of everything you could ever crave. A little bit of salt, heat, spice, tang, and sweetness, along with all the amazing textures makes for one marvelous meal without even having to get the stove dirty! Of course this board or any other one like it that you could assemble would be really nice to serve as an appetizer during cocktail hour at any party, get together, or dinner that you’d be inviting guests over for.