Yesterday my boyfriend’s family celebrated his little sister’s 13th birthday! All she wanted was red velvet cake with cream cheese icing, as well as tacos because she loves them! Instead of her having the simple tacos she has always been used to I wanted to be a little bit more adventurous with the idea. I love putting anything on a board to be able pick and choose from different items to get all of the flavors that I’m desiring. You Diamonds know that’s probably one of my favorite ways to enjoy food. It gives guests a new experience when they come to be entertained at your home, along with being pushed to be more creative when eating! I really do feel like eating should always be this incredible, elegant, and amazing experience, especially when you are in fact celebrating a birthday. Becoming a teenager is a huge deal when it happens to us, so I wanted her to feel as special as possible. This toppings board was really the way to do it! She appreciated it so much and was genuinely happy with the outcome! This captivating board speaks for itself on how truly versatile it could be to fulfill everyone’s specific tastebuds, as we all created different tacos using the toppings on the board!! The list of things you can create from these toppings could go on forever! Serving this board with sizzling fajitas would be more than perfect for the entire family as well!!
Toppings that filled the board are:
- Your favorite hot salsa. You could go for mild if you don’t like the spice, but I prefer something hotter!
- Chopped up fresh cilantro.
- Chopped up fresh or pickled jalapeños.
- I served guacamole but you could serve chopped avocados instead depending what kind of vibe you’re going for, or what the person likes that you’re creating the board for.
- Fresh lime wedges. I’ll be perfectly honest with you Diamonds when I say there is nothing like squeezing fresh lime juice on Mexican style cuisine.
- Thinly sliced scallions.
- Sour Cream
- Shredded cheese! I enjoy a Mexican style cheese that has a spice to it but any shredded cheese that you are obsessed with will do.
- Shredded iceberg lettuce.
- Chopped beefsteak tomatoes.
- I also added some sweet Hawaiian mini tortillas incase anyone wanted to try them with anything. Using something that has a touch of sweetness beside all of the spice can really add great contrast!
You could add any other toppings you’d like, or you can switch things out for something different than what I added to the board.
There’s nothing better than taking in some sunshine on a spectacular Spring day, setting up the patio furniture, and putting together a delicious spread like this one right here so everyone can relax outside with amazing food. When the weather is just right, food like this just hits the spot!