Who doesn’t love a good trail mix or snack mix?! Especially during the warmer months!! You can put it into little baggies to take with you for some energy on a vigorous hike, pack it up for a picnic in the park, or to bring with you for a long road trip in the car. Everyone loves snacks, but I’m even more thankful for them in the Summer when people are on the go all the time! The only thing most people aren’t crazy about when it comes to trail mix is the fact that they are always so loaded with different kinds of nuts and seeds. That isn’t a bad thing for someone like me who loves them and doesn’t have any issues digesting foods like that. Unfortunately, though, for people like my father who suffer with diverticulitis.. they have to sit out on enjoying snacks like that, which is completely unfair in my eyes. I wanted to bless all of you who long to dig into a bag filled with all different kind of treats and sweets, but can’t due to medical issues.
- My boyfriend’s grandmother has some concerns when it comes to eating foods like nuts that are hard for her to digest. The other day she was wishing that there were trail mixes without anything like that inside of them, so she can enjoy her moment of snacking freely without worrying if she’s going to pay for it later. That was exactly when I said “don’t worry I’ll create one that you most certainly can enjoy without any fear of that happening!”
I’VE GOT YOU DIAMONDS! Let me show you what this snack mix consists of:
- 1/2 bag of butter snap pretzels.
- 1/4 bag of cheese crackers.
- 1/4 bag of chocolate Chex cereal.
- 1/2 bag of dark chocolate pretzels.
- 3 big handfuls of yogurt covered raisins.
- 4 handfuls of Reese’s pieces.
- 2 big handfuls of honey coated oatmeal clusters.
Once you have all of those items combined in a mixing bowl, melt a 3/4 stick of butter in a pot over medium low heat with a dash of paprika, cayenne pepper, sea salt, and lots of fresh cracked black pepper.
When the seasoned butter is fully melted, pour it over the snack mix and combined until you see some of the chocolate start to melt, and become luscious.
This mix is everything you could ever want in a snack and everything you’d miss about trail mix if you were unable to devour it! It couldn’t be more perfect for this time of year! The flavors are sweet like Summer with a bit of spice like the heat of July.
One Comment Add yours
Thank you….best trail mix ever! Best idea…love it!