This hors d’oeuvre is like nothing you have ever seen or tasted before! I combined two total opposite food groups into one unique, fresh, and luxurious appetizer that you’ll absolutely fall completely in love with! If you have an insane obsession with crab like I do, you’ll most definitely have an insane obsession with these canapés as well! I promise you you’ll want to make one hundred of these to pop into your mouth over and over again because they’re that addictive! It’s everything you could ever want to start off a Summer time dinner party!!
How To Create These Canapés:
First you are going to make a compound butter! That is what you call when you are mixing together butter and supplementary ingredients. These types of butters are used to enhance the flavor and aroma of certain dishes.
- Mix 1-2 tablespoons of softened butter with 1/2 teaspoon of fresh chopped dill and 1/2 teaspoon of fresh chopped parsley.
- Then you’ll want to squeeze in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Finally, season with sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper, garlic powder, old bay seasoning, and paprika.
- When the compound butter is fully combined, spread a thin amount on the top of every single butter snap pretzel so you can finish building these delightful canapés!
You’ll want to use jumbo lump crab meat and nothing else! Only because it is beautiful to have a big piece of meat from the crab for presentation as well as the fact that it has amazing flavor!
- Top each pretzel with a generous piece of jumbo lump crab meat!
- Then garnish with a drop of fresh squeezed lemon juice, paprika, and parsley!
I think some of you may assume that indulging in rich, expensive flavors must be extremely pricy at the end of that day, but that’s actually not always the case! I wanted to show you Diamonds that just because you are treating yourself with opulent foods doesn’t mean you have to spend an arm and a leg to do so! I took something as cheap as a pretzel and made the most succulent snack in the entire world by spending the money where I felt it was needed! THE CRAB MEAT! If you’re trying to live that “high class” lifestyle while impressing your guests.. the way to do that is to spend where it’s needed! Learn where you feel like you need to splurge and where you don’t! You can come up with amazing recipes just by doing that.