My favorite time of year is soup season! Soup season to me begins in September and finishes around the end of march! I’m into all different kinds of soups, but I truly believe one of the best kinds are when they’re creamy, insanely flavorful, and filled with all levels of spice! This deliciously thick quesadilla soup is just the perfect fit for that description. It is loaded with rotisserie chicken goodness, colorful veggies, and loads of rich velvety cheeses! This particular soup looks gorgeous and tastes extraordinary!! There is nothing better than having a hot pot of soup simmering on the stove while you decorate for Christmas, and cuddle up with a nice mug filled with hot cocoa. Tis the season to do all things cozy! 😉
To begin this wonderful wintery soup, you’ll need to first chop up all of your vegetables into small or medium dice pieces.
Vegetables you’ll need:
- 2 smaller sized carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- A Red bell pepper
- A Green bell pepper
- A White onion
- Pour two tablespoons of olive oil and two tablespoons of butter into a soup pot over medium heat and let that melt down. Once the butter is almost fully melted, toss in all of the beautiful vegetables. Let the vegetables caramelize for about 20-30 minutes. Normally when making soup people just sweat their vegetables without letting them get brown in color, but I prefer to let the caramelization process take place because I believe that’s where all the intense flavors come from!
- You can use chicken breasts or chicken thighs in this soup, but using a rotisserie chicken is by far the best choice, in my opinion! It is so so flavorful, juicy, and easy! It is going to save you so much time and I promise everyone is going to prefer this flavor so much more over anything else.
- Cut up both breasts into bite sized pieces along with shredding up both thighs!
- After the vegetables become caramelized, add in one can of cheddar cheese soup. Yes, Diamonds! Sometimes when I create soup concoctions like this one; I like to add in certain types of canned soups to add great consistency, thickness, and richness in flavor!
- Pour in three cups of chicken stock.
- Pour in two cups of chicken broth.
- Then, pour in a 16oz. carton of heavy cream to get that luxurious consistency!
- Season with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, dried oregano and parsley to taste. Seasonings are EVERYTHING! Especially in a soup!!
- Toss in all of that yummy chicken that we cut up earlier!
- Once everything is well incorporated, throw in an entire bag of “quesadilla” shredded cheese along with an entire bag of “queso blend” shredded cheese.
Let the soup simmer on medium-low heat for two hours, stirring occasionally.
Top with a dollop of sour cream, a drizzle of thick hot sauce, a dash of parsley, and it is TIME TO SERVE!
If you are an extreme cheese connoisseur, you can sprinkle some shredded cheese for garnish as well, but I didn’t feel it was necessary being that there is so much cheese in it already!
This soup is the picture perfect way to spice up your cozy winter night in at home to relax so that you are prepped for all of that holiday shopping that’s right around the corner. That is if you Diamonds didn’t already start! Crunchy corn tortilla chips are ideal to serve along side of your bowl, or you can go even further with it and crush them up all along the top to get that little bit of extra texture in every bite that you take. Your family will be so happy with this loaded chicken quesadilla soup as a weeknight meal, or an appetizer at Sunday dinner while you wait for the panini platter to get presented!
Hopefully that just you got you excited for next weeks post because I will be publishing the prettiest panini platter you ever did see! A platter of sandwiches go so great will any kind of soup, but especially this one!
One Comment Add yours
Yumm😋 so good.