If you live on the East Coast you know what the weather is like right now! We are in the heart of Winter and we are living that sloshy, snowy lifestyle at the moment where just walking out the door to your car is a project in and of itself. I know there are many times where we wish we could just snap our fingers and magically appear on a tropical island and begin our dream vacation, even just for a little while, so that we can get the chance to escape. Escape the cold, life, and all of our problems that come with it. After we imagine what we would love to be doing and we step back into reality we realize that, that isn’t a very possible thing to accomplish. However, you can pretend by creating gorgeous colorful meals and appetizers filled with food that will make you feel like you’re on that amazing sultry vacation that you’ve been dreaming of during these frigid winter storms. Valentines Day festivities are beginning to take place as well and this platter of juicy, deliciousness just screams romance to me! This is something wonderfully ideal to prepare for a Galentine’s soiree or brunch with your babe. It’s completely up to you, but this will totally be your go to feel good staple when you want to feel refreshed, romantic, or exactly like a tropical queen on an Island.
The fresh fruit I have piled on the platter:
- Red grapes. Fun fact Diamonds: grapes are my all time favorite fruit! I love them so much and I truly feel like they’re good with any meal, on any board, any platter, any plate, anytime of the day!
- Blood oranges. These are always very fresh and awesome during the Fall and Winter months.
- Pineapple. You must wait until it is perfectly ripened! How do you know? You will easily be able to pull out the any of the corse green leaves of the crown. If you have to work at it or pull at all it is not time to cut that baby open yet!
- Blueberries. Usually the bigger they are the sweeter they are.
- Bright red raspberries. You want to make sure when you go to purchase them that they appear firm and not breaking apart or oozing any juice. They’re only good to me when they’re very fresh and juicy.
- Strawberries. You can’t have a fruit platter or fruit plate of any kind without them. You just can’t.
I put the crown of the pineapple in the middle of the platter and built up the rest from there. I think it gives it such a tropical look especially with the contrast from the brown wooden board.
So colorful, so stunning, so breathtaking, and so astonishing! Just the site of the platter alone will instantly transport you to your dream destination.