Why yes Diamonds I sure do have another banana post for you all and might I add, it is absolutely unreal! This newly renovated banana split is so creative and crazy delicious, especially if you are a peanut butter lover like myself! You could also add whatever you’d want aside from the melty peanut butter, ooey-gooey marshmallow fluff, and whipped cream, but I believe when these three ingredients get thrown together it’s just a match made in heaven . If you’re anything like me I was never ever into traditional banana splits! Nothing about them made me crave this cold dessert whatsoever. The main reason was because I strongly disliked the toppings that were meant to be piled onto a regular banana split. The cherries, pineapple, and peanuts that were mixed with all the different flavors of ice cream just never did it for me. I always want to love everything that’s available for us to experience and enjoy because I think it is a privilege to get to eat all that there is to offer considering there are some that are not able to do that. Therefore, I wanted to create a banana split in such a specific way with flavors I know I’d go nuts over! Even if you are wild about the regular old time banana split, I’m pretty sure you’ll end up feeling the same about this one as well.
The building of this banana split:
Way back in mid Summer I spotted these old fashioned, beautifully iconic banana split boats and I thought to myself “I HAVE to get these”. I’m sure any other food blogger would have thought the same as well. 😉
- Start with spreading marshmallow fluff along the bottom of your banana boat. If you do not have one you can of course build yours inside of a bowl. It will work out just fine!
- Split the banana right down the middle and place them onto each side of the boat.
- Two scoops of vanilla ice cream!
- Drizzle melted peanut butter all over the top. I used smooth peanut butter but if you would like to add some crunch to the split you can definitely use crunchy peanut butter.
- Put more marshmallow fluff on top of each one of the scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Garnish with whipped cream of course and gold or yellow sprinkles!