One of the traditional, old time sweet and salty snacks people love to indulge in are fluffernutter cracker sandwiches. Some people enjoy making them for bridal and baby showers or birthday parties and covering the whole thing in melted white or milk chocolate, so that they can decorate the tops to match the theme. They’re extremely good like that and very popular by everyone no matter what age group is enjoying them. Since a lot of us enjoy that flavor combination so much I really wanted to invent the healthiest version of that flavor profile that I possibly could. In the warmer months throughout the year I find myself trying to eat more fruits and vegetables then ever before. This recipe that I built for the original bite sized snack that everyone grew up with gives you the opportunity to get in some more nutrition while still appreciating the deliciousness of a yummy dessert!
Building the bites is an extremely easy process!
- Depending on how many people you’re making snacks for or how hungry you and your loved ones are will decipher if you want to use one banana, or four, or five!
- Slice your banana into one inch thick bites!
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon of smooth or chunky peanut butter onto each banana bite.
- Smother the peanut butter with the same amount of marshmallow fluff!
- Make sure your kitchen is cool because if your kitchen isn’t at least at 70 degrees the marshmallow will melt and become messy to work with.
- Top the marshmallow fluff off with the other slice of banana and voila! You have yourself a beautiful banana bite sandwiched together between smooth, creamy peanut butter, and some sticky, sweet marshmallow cream.
The only thing left to do is add some melted milk chocolate to the top of each fluffernutter banana bite!
- Melt a handful of mini or regular milk chocolate chips in the microwave in increments of 15 seconds while stirring every time you check the bowl.
- Drop 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate onto each bite so it could harden on top as a little “hat”, if you will!
These are soft, sticky, sweet, and super sensational! You’ll love them and so will everyone that you make them for. They’re perfect to pick on for an after dinner treat while you enjoy an Irish coffee, or you can of course enjoy them casually on the couch while you watch a rom com alone! Whatever you do though, don’t skip out on the chocolate topping!! It truly makes this treat right here!