The Perfect After Dinner Drink.
The most marvelous martini to enjoy after a fancy dinner out! Of course we can always order a drink to pair with our dessert when we’re out at the restaurant, although it’s more fun to make them at home! Romanticizing nights at home before bed, especially on a weekend night, is one of the best things you can do for your self care. Being a girly girl myself, I adore getting dressed up to the nines to go shopping, get served at fine dining restaurant, and even to watch a new movie that came out at the theater while I munch on the greatest popcorn to ever exist! We all think that once we come home after being out for a few hours that the night has to become boring, or we have to crawl right into bed, which that is just definitely not the case. Imagine stepping out of your dress clothes and into silk pajamas, you light all of your candles, turn on your favorite show or movie, and you make this exact cocktail. You will be loving your night life, even if it’s at home. You won’t be missing the bars. Remember Diamonds, we are here for a good time, not a long time, so enjoy your life and make that cocktail.
Or two. 😉
Let’s start your night by decorating the martini glass!
- Drizzle chocolate syrup inside the glass.
- Rim the glass with vanilla icing. If you are a chocolate connoisseur then you of course use chocolate icing, but for me, I prefer the contrast.
- The icing is going to act as glue so that we can cover the top with tiny crumbles of milk chocolate.
- Freeze the glass for five to ten minutes while you create the cocktail.
Let’s pour up this dessert drink!
- In a shaker glass add lots of ice.
- 1 1/2 oz. of coffee liquor.
- 1 1/2 oz. of Irish cream.
- 1 oz. of milk, half and half, or heavy cream. The choice is yours.
- A splash of chocolate liquor
- A squeeze of chocolate syrup.
Shake, shake, shake. Then pour, pour, pour!
- If you are a true ride or die martini fan you can of course add whipped or chocolate vodka into this martini, but I do not like my drinks to taste super strong, so this to me is the ideal after dinner martini.
Since it is Friday, you can most definitely romanticize the start of your weekend by creating this lovely cocktail and relaxing by the fireplace to warm your body and your soul while something wonderful plays on the television screen. If it’s time for a girls night, then this is just what you’ll want to surprise all of your best friends with. All you have to do is double or triple the recipe depending on how many martini glasses you need to pour up!