There is a little over a week left until the biggest game of the year takes place! Not only is it all about the love and excitement of football, but I also know everyone looks forward to the variety of food just as much, or maybe even a little more. 😉 When it comes to any celebration we do it with food, always! Food is life and it’s fun to gather around it whenever we can! While imagining the event of the Super Bowl, I instantly think of tables and counters filled with all different types of pick food in every home that night. Even if you’re not really planning on watching the game, it’s a perfect excuse to throw a party and dig into loads of spicy chicken wings, big pots of chili, pans of pizza, and loaded sliders!
How to make these spicy soy covered pretzels:
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter with 1/2 cup of vegetable oil in a small sauce pot over medium low heat.
- 2 tablespoons of sriracha or more depending on the heat level you’d prefer.
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. I did use low sodium but you can use what you have on hand.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey.
- Season with a pinch of seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder, dried onions, chili powder, paprika, dried thyme, and parsley.
Let the mixture simmer on the stove for three minutes, then pour it all over the pretzels and mix until every single one is coated completely.
Bake the coated pretzels at 350 for 10 minutes. While they are in the oven pick out a festive game day platter or bowl to serve them on!
These pretzels are so flavorful, slightly sweet, super savory, and seriously spicy in the best way! If you are not a fan of sriracha or you never had it before, I do believe that you will still really enjoy these pretzels because all of the flavors compliment each other just right. The spice is there but it isn’t overpowering, either. Seasoned snacks such as this are always my absolute favorite. They’re amazingly addicting which I secretly always look for when searching for the perfect snack, especially for a game day like the one we’re about to have! Sometimes a snack is dangerous when they’re THAT damn good and you don’t want to stop eating them! However, for a special occasion; it’s definitely worth it to me!
- If you are not planning on celebrating Super Bowl Sunday at all, you can definitely still whip these up to munch on by yourself while you watch your favorite comfort movie. I wanted to give you Diamonds a savory snack recipe that was different from the usual game day foods that we’re quite used to seeing whenever we go to a get together. These sriracha soy coated pretzels are unique and everyone will appreciate them so much.