What a mouthful Diamonds! I’m telling you though, this drink is everything you could ever dream of to kick off these warm months! A mouthful of refreshing goodness.
I truly can say that this is my absolute favorite drink that I have ever created for Spring & Summer! I can’t quite compare it to my fall and winter drinks because the flavor combinations and vibes are just way too different, so I also have my favorites on that end of the spectrum as well. However, at the moment, I am in full spring mode and ready to share my most fun, freshest, and fruit filled recipes with all of you. This time of the year is so exciting for those who cherish the change of seasons, like I do! I adore the feeling I get when I’m transitioning from summer into fall and of course, winter into spring. There’s no better feeling than switching out your heavy cable knit sweaters for some loose, colorful blouses to pair with wonderful white mules. It makes me so excited when it’s time to pull out my ideal slip on shoes when the sun is shining and the ground is dry; ready to rapidly grow super green grass. That’s another sign that you know summer is ahead! Waking up to the sound of someone cutting grass in your neighbors yard is an extremely nostalgic sound. One of my favorite sounds and smells, if I’m being honest with you. Okay, okay.. back to this outstanding sparkling cocktail! This mojito is most definitely going to be your go to poolside drink! It’ll be great for those relaxing nights on the back porch while you lay watching the sunset on your hammock, or a great party drink for those early summer birthdays in June. My birthday is on the 17th of June and I will for sure be pouring pitchers of this to ring in the last year of my 20’s with my loved ones.
A mojito is supposed to be light, refreshing, carbonated and cold, and also of course, naturally flavored by the Earths candy. I could confidently tell you Diamonds that this sparkling cider mojito is ALL of that!
How to create this cocktail:
- Rinse your mojito glass under cold water and dry it off slightly. Then put the glass in the freezer for about 10 minutes while you prepare your ingredients.
- At the bottom of the glass, muddle a few strawberries, a handful of chopped pineapple, and a few mint leaves.
- Add 1/2 cup of crushed ice. I swear crushed ice just makes certain drinks!! It gives it a tropical vibe that I’m really into.
- Pour in pineapple hard cider. If you want to make this a mocktail you can use pineapple juice or pineapple sparkling water! Leave a 1/4 of space at the top because we’re going to finish it off with some soda.
- Top with crispy lemon lime soda!!
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint, a whole strawberry, and a chunk of pineapple! I like to garnish my drinks with whatever I have inside of the beverage because then your guest, or whoever you’re serving it to will know what the ingredients are without having to ask.