This is pretty much the scene of when I plan my weeks out, and do monthly blog creating. I love writing, and planning. It’s probably one of my favorite things in this entire world. Since as of lately, we’ve been stuck in the house, I’ve had quite a bit of time to do a little more of the things that make me super happy, like writing.
I am definitely a home body, although I am very outgoing.. I know some people have a hard time finding things to keep them busy while they are at home, and now with being stuck at home.. I want to reassure you’s that you will no longer be bored from this moment on! You can get working on projects, activities, and get active all over the house with all of my suggestions, and creations I have lined up for you, diamonds!
- The first one being MUSIC. Even on a daily basis I feel like I cannot get through the day without music. I don’t play music myself or sing, unless I’m doing it to be funny (for those of you that know me personally, know I’m a very obnoxious singer lol) but I love listening to it no matter what I’m doing. Actually, every single time I write a post I have music on. Without question. It keeps me in the mood, keeps me focused, and makes me relaxed, especially depending on what I’m playing.
- I know we don’t all have the same taste in music, but I am huge fan of Billie Eilish. I think she’s the best female singer in the industry right now, along with her very talented brother being her producer. I’m really into The 1975, and I just discovered the band called “Valley” who I find to be super meditating. Again, I love all genres of music, but these are currents that I’ve been having on repeat, especially when blogging.
2. Writing/Reading. You don’t realize it but HOURS.. literally hours can pass while doing either one of these things. You can write notes about things you want to achieve, or get done around the house.. like writing day to day to do lists, or you can even try writing a book. It’s all about how much time you have, and how creative you’ll let your mind get. When reading a book.. if you truly think about it it’s like watching a movie, that you get to make up in your mind.. Sure you’re not actually making up what’s going on technically, but you are able to create what the houses, towns, places, things, and people all look like. That’s pretty incredible if you ask me!
3. Clean & decorate your house for spring/Easter: This one out of all of them is probably my most favorite of life! I get so so excited after every season to deep clean the entire house, and redecorate for the next upcoming holiday! I’ve mentioned it before in previous posts, but home decor and interior design is a really big passion of mine, so this task is essential for me in the deep fried diamond house hold! With being “quarantined” and all.. this is a very good one for passing time as well. It is an all day affair, thats for sure! It is worth it though, and so much fun! You could even get the whole family involved.
4. Crafts: I am not the most crafty person, but if I watch a tutorial, or have a crafting party I could be pretty decent! lol If you have a house full of family, or your kids love getting involved with crafting, this one if perfect for you!
5. Drawing/coloring: I can not draw for the life of me.. that’s my boyfriends area. 100%. BUT.. I do love to color. One of the most relaxing, fun ways to release tension/anxiety is coloring in a coloring book. I love the themed coloring books where there are gorgeous portraits, and things to color in. Although, there are some people that like the ones where there’s ALOT going on, and soooo much more to color! In that case it’s up to you, but it is a really nice activity to do.. for any gender, and age.
6. Painting: I actually very much enjoy painting, honestly. You can make a beautiful latte to sip on, or fill up a big glass of wine, and have an at home “wine & sip” with your mom, sister, or whoever!
7. Make a mood board: I am currently making a mood board myself, and when it’s all said and done I will be sure to do a post on it! In case some of you are curious as to what that is.. It is where you either print out pictures from the internet, or cut them from magazines, and make a collage of all of them on a big poster board.. hence a “mood board”! All of the pictures that you’re cutting out must be everything you love, or want to manifest, whether thats a house, all things that make up a home, a career, fashion, people you want to meet/ that you’re a fan of, or inspiring words, so every time you look at the board it will motivate you; having you look forward, staying positive and determined to accomplish all of those things.
8. Cooking: Of course, no matter what, you’re going to have to cook being that you’ll be in the house for a vast majority of each day, but I don’t just mean pop a piece of toast in the toaster. Go through those cook books you never touched, create something new.. even if you don’t think it’s going to be good.. you might surprise yourself, and read blogs/recipes on Pinterest! Have so much fun with this one! Also, this is your chance to teach your kids how to cook, and get them involved in the kitchen.
9. Youtube marathon: For all my close family and friends.. you all know I barely watch TV. Almost slim to none, unless it is The Food Network, or Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Youtube has been in my life since 2010. I started watching youtube videos before it was a “thing”. Before people were making money from it.. before people were youtube famous. I watch so many people, so I honestly couldn’t even name them all for you, I have way to many ride or dies to mention. You just have to find people, and things that you’re interested in whether that would be lifestyle, food, fashion, clean and decorate with me’s, family vlogs.. the choices are endless. Trust me once you watch your first video.. you’ll never stop.
10. Movie Marathon: Get into comfy clothes, grab your best snacks, a cold soda pop, and snatch your favorite spot on the couch! Watch all your favorite movies in a row until its time to fall asleep! .. GO!
11. Breakfast in Bed: We can all agree that this is our dream.. every girls dream at least! For those lazy mornings that we wake up for work, and don’t want to move from bed.. Now is your chance to live in that dream. Make it reality 😉
12. Organize all the drawers/closets in your home: This is the perfect time to “get your life together”.. you know there’s been those times where we say we don’t have our lives together, and this is a huge part of that! Shred those papers you don’t need anymore, get ride of anything you don’t use, and throw away the junk!
13. Clean and organize your fridge/pantry!: This is the best time to make sure that your refrigerator is squeaky clean. Stalk the fridge back up with fresh food, and organize everything by sections and what the foods are..whether thats meat, produce, dairy, drinks, or condiments. Do the same with your pantry! Also, don’t for get to check the dates on everything, and throw away what is no longer good.
14. Take a bath: Run a nice warm bubble bath, make some tea and relax! It’s that simple.
15. Have a spa day/night: Since all of the salons and spas are closed at the moment, that doesn’t mean you have to let yourself be without self care! Keep up with your maintenance, and give your self a makeover. You can do everything from a good hair conditioning, shower exfoliations, foot soaks, Hand polishing, massages with lotions & oils, too a long much needed at home facial. You can even go above & beyond and lounge in your rob all day, drinking ice cold infused water; while you wait for your sushi takeout to arrive.
Diamonds, don’t forget to support business’s that are opened during this rough time, and remember.. there’s always something to do, catch up on, or ways to have new kinds of fun! Stay happy, safe, and healthy.