Snack mixes are essential for Halloween parties of all kinds no matter if it’s for kids, young adults, or a fun family costume party! Mixes like these just make everything more fun! It keeps things interesting with the endless possibilities of sweet, salty, cheesy, savory, crunchy, chewy, soft, and of course, sticky combinations. Honestly, that’s why people love snacking so much and why it’s so popular! Everything is more exciting when snacks are involved! If you enjoy popcorn balls or ever tried them after you received them while trick-or-treating, you’ll definitely be into this animal cracker and popcorn snack mix! It’s basically a deconstructed popcorn ball tossed with all of your other favorite snacks that please the palette when enjoying a mix like this.
All the snacks in this snack mix:
- Animal crackers. I used the original but if you’re making this for or with your kids you can absolutely use frosted.
- Cheese crackers.
- Pretzels. You can used bigger ones like I did and break them up, mini, butter, or sticks. Once again, the options are endless!
- Lastly, for some chocolatey goodness I broke off squares of mini chocolate bars.
How to make the sweet and creamy marshmallow mixture:
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a small sauce pot over medium low heat.
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows to melt.
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- 1/4 block of cream cheese.
- Sprinkle in gold and green sprinkles for that spooky goblin vibe for all of the Halloween festivities.
Let the marshmallow mixture come together for three minutes over low heat and then allow to cool for five minutes before pouring over the mix.
Pour the entire sticky marshmallow mixture all over the snacks.
Mix everything together and let it sit out on the counter for at least 30 minutes to set up and get to where it needs to be.
This snack mix is perfect to put into goodie bags to hand out to trick-or-treaters, to give to friends and family for fun, or to welcome new neighbors onto the block this Fall! It really is that perfect and that delicious! It has just the right amount of salty and sweet along with some cheesiness as well. Both you and your kids will love it so much, and if you don’t have kids thats totally fine! I assure you you’ll have no problem finishing this sensational snack yourself.
One Comment Add yours
LikeLiked by 1 person