Do you have ham leftover from Easter?! This is what you need to make!
My whole life I have always looked forward to the holidays, especially Easter. It’s one of my all time favorite meals and it always will be because it holds a very special place in my heart that fills me with nostalgia, which I crave every once in a while to keep me feeling whole. You Diamonds know how much of a sentimental girl I am, so if I grew up loving something, chances are I still do today. Cold creamy salads that are mayonnaise based have always been a favorite side of mine no matter what I’m having as an entree, but there’s nothing better then salads like this with barbecue or of course, next to the handsome ham on your Easter table. Anytime there’s leftover ham from a holiday dinner my first instinct is to make ham salad, deviled ham, or whatever you prefer to call it! It’s just the absolute best and you can eat it in so many different ways. This type of salad would be great served over a bed of greens, spread across some good homemade bread, or piled on top of a savory seasoned cracker. Of course, you can also just grab a fork and dig right in because it truly is that delicious.
How to make the absolute best ham salad you’ll ever eat:
Let’s start by taking your leftover ham, skin and all and throwing that into a food processor or blender. Then we can add all of the good stuff into it that makes it “deviled”!
- 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise. I’m super into mayo and I love a lot in my salads. I feel like it needs it, however you can definitely use less if you’re not a mayo lover like me.
- One tablespoon of dijon mustard.
- 1/3 cup of sweet pickle relish.
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey.
- A handful of freshly chopped parsley.
- A handful of freshly chopped chives.
- A small handful of minced red onion.
- A sprinkle of dried oregano.
- Season with celery salt, garlic powder, and tons of freshly cracked black pepper.
Blend everything until you get to the consistency that you desire. Then, serve how you would like with different accompaniments, or pile it on toast to make a delicious deviled ham sandwich.
- If you’re an adventurous eater like myself and you enjoy getting creative with your food then you can also try mixing this ham salad with pickled eggs or regular hard boiled eggs. Honestly, it’s a game changer! I just love putting hard boiled eggs in my ham and tuna salads.
2 Comments Add yours
Oh boy we are all “hammed out”. Saving this recipe for next time. 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes, you will have to! I know I am too now even though I love it. I’m getting in the mood for grill season and barbecue chicken! All of that is what will be on my mind until September.