This is an excellent, but quick and easy side dish for your upcoming Easter menu! Of course, this could also be made to go with any spring dish you might be creating!! In fact, we actually had this salad with barbecue meatloaf, and it went super well with the flavor combinations. Normally when people eat meatloaf they like to enjoy it with macaroni and cheese, which is completely delicious as well, but it was really nice to have that hot and cold contrast. I loved it! Later on in the blog, you Diamonds will learn a lot more about me, and how much I truly love mixing hot and cold together. People might not even think to do that most of the time, however it just somehow works skillfully!
If you saw my “Marvelous Macaroni Salad” post from back in September, then you’ll be very familiar with this recipe! If not, I’ll put it down below for all of you!
- The only difference with this recipe than the Marvelous Macaroni Salad besides the ham and cheese is that I used green onion (scallion) instead of red onion.
- Half a jar of GOOD mayonnaise.
- Half a cup of yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar. In my first macaroni salad recipe I did use white vinegar, but since it’s spring I wanted to it to have a fruity bite to it being that the ham and cheese will give it a lot of saltiness. You don’t taste the apple much.. it just is used to balance out the flavors.
- Lastly, squeeze in honey to your liking. I probably used a good 1/4 cup. If you don’t want it as sweet us less, and if you want it sweeter, use more!
- After mixing everything together with the ham and cheese.. add salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and parsley to taste.
Macaroni salad.. no mater what kind, no matter what noodles you use, or whatever goodies you choose to throw in, your sauce HAS to be creamy. It’s a must. Thats the reason I love macaroni salad.
It looks gorgeous, and it tastes even better! This salad is the perfect twist on your classic macaroni salad that everyone is used too for your holiday meal.
Hopefully you’ll hop into Easter menu prepping easily with this recipe! I also hope everyone is staying busy, and staying safe!