Oh gosh Diamonds.. I just ADORE a breakfast board more than anything! Boards of all kinds are my weaknesses regardless if I’m creating them, or devouring them. They are always endless amounts of fun because they are SO full of colors & textures. Building boards can really show what kind of person you are in the kitchen when it comes time to presenting them.. even though you may not even realize that. You can always tell a persons personality by the beautiful board they prepare for a party, or special occasion. I truly can not even express it enough how delicious, filling, and wonderfully satisfying this breakfast board right here is!!
You want to keep it filling, yet still light all at the same time!
What fills this beautiful, bountiful board?
- Hash browns– you can either choose to bake or fry them! Frying always tastes better to me because the oven will never get it to that mouthwatering crispiness like frying will. You can even choose to “air fry” them if you would like to be on the healthier side of the spectrum.
- Cinnamon Raisin Bagel– You can make as many as you need to, and you can also add a variety of different flavors instead of only putting one on the board.
- Plain English Muffins- Honestly, when it comes down to it.. especially for boards regarding breakfast & brunch I much prefer using English muffins rather than toast, unless it would be homemade, or unique ones you don’t find often straight from a bakery! Again, just like the bagels.. you can use others flavors if you’d like too.
- Berries– For bright freshness & a gorgeous pop of color!! You can also garnish with sliced pears, apples, or oranges. Sliced bananas covered in chocolate would be a miraculous surprise for your significant other as well when you bring this board to them on Valentines Day morning! 😉
- Spiced Maple glazed chicken!– I threw in something fun & different for you Diamonds to experiment with! Of course you can use the traditional breakfast meats that we’re all used to, but it’s about time we spice up our lives a bit.. wouldn’t you agree?! 🙂
Recipe for spiced maple glazed chicken:
This is so simple, but so so creative, and yummy at the same time!!
- Cook your favorite brand of chicken patties up! Cut them into strips, and sauté them in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat with a pad of butter, 3 tablespoons of maple syrup, and crushed red pepper flakes. Lastly, I topped it all off with a few dashes of my all time favorite hot sauce. Thats IT Diamonds. Let me tell you.. it was DELISH!
- Eggs cooked however you’d like– I think for a board though, scrambled with cheese is the best way to go! You can add herbs, or other odds and ends into the eggs, but with everything else on the board you really don’t need anything but it’s organic egg flavor!
- Essential Condiments- Cubed butter & cream cheese to spread on the baked goods, and assorted jelly to lather on top! I used grape jelly as well as pineapple. Both jellies taste incredible with cream cheese if you have never tried that combination, you must!!
As I previously mentioned.. this board is beyond perfect to celebrate Valentines Day morning with the one you love most in life, or HEY.. if you’re into “breakfast for dinner”, then it would be awesome to enjoy at night as well with a bottle of your girl’s favorite champagne! If you are anti-Valentines Day which I know so many people are.. you can put this out for a “Galentines Day” party, even a brunch, or any fun day-time get together with your girlfriends. It’s really perfect for anything no matter if you just have a few hours to kill, and you’re hungry! Make an incredible board like this with a whole bunch of yummy food, grab a comfy spot on the sofa, and turn on something you can binge watch. That will be the ultimate afternoon that you’ve been needing all to yourself to unwind, and clear your head. Sometimes great food, and a good show is all you need to cure the stress. 🙂