I lOVE nachos! I even love making them more than I love eating them! They’re extremely exciting to create with lots of stringy cheese, and endless toppings piled as high as they can go. Usually when it comes to nachos grande of any kind I always say.. “the hotter, the better!!”, but for these wonderful chips, that isn’t the case. They just simply have the most perfect flavors, therefore you’re never going to find yourself searching for more heat! Nachos more than anything remind me of football! There is nothing more than this that screams game day to me! Am I right Diamonds?! A tortilla chip is the vessel for all new things that you never knew you’d love when enjoying your all time favorite pick food in front of the big screen cheering on your favorite team!
Since we are making beef nachos, we of course need the gorgeous ground beef browned! This is such a fast and easy process it’s truly unbelievable!!
- In a large sauté pan throw in 1-2 pounds of raw ground beef depending on how many sheet pans you’re going to be making. You only need one pound of beef for each sheet pan that you’re putting together!
- Brown the meat for 5-7 minutes over medium heat. DO NOT add oil into the pan before cooking the meat. The natural fat from the beef will get released into the pan once it begins to cook.
- Seasonings- salt & pepper to taste, 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 tablespoon of paprika, 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder, 1/2 tablespoon of dried onion, and as much chipotle seasoning as you would like!
- As your meat cooks, line your baking sheet nicely with tortilla chips of your choice! You can even make them homemade if you really want to get fancy. 😉
- On top of the chips, sprinkle an entire bag of shredded mixed cheddar cheeses! Pepper jack cheese would be awesome on these nachos as well!
- It’s time for the nachos to marry some Chipotle sauce!!! You can find chipotle sauce at any of your local supermarkets.
Considering that we want everything really bright & fresh when we top off the nachos, we don’t need to add any of that before it enters the oven! It would become hot & unappetizing!
- Set the oven to 400 degrees, and place the chips covered in cheese and sauce into the hot oven for 5 minutes. Then voila!! You have unbelievably melty chipotle chips that quick!!
Honestly Diamonds, you can seriously devour them just like this, but you’ll definitely want to wait for all those yummy toppings to join the party!!
Layer the deliciously seasoned ground beef all over the cheesy nachos! Then drizzle cool ranch dressing all over the beef as well.
All you need to top off these creamy, spicy, and wonderfully cheesy nachos are chopped black olives for an earthy bite, diced red onions for some zip, finely chopped vine ripened tomatoes for a burst of juiciness, and a few dollops of sour cream!
Since Super Bowl Sunday this year may not be as fun as others due to the unfortunate pandemic.. I wanted to spice things up for all of you Diamonds!!
- Starting every Sunday from now until Super Bowl Sunday I am going to be posting a delicious dish, appetizer, snack, or some sort of hack for all of your game day desires! 🙂 I figured by posting some inspiration every week heading up to the big game, you’d get inspired to create amazing things to bring light into your home to keep celebrations alive!!