One thing I’ve truly been missing since the pandemic started almost a year ago is going to a bar/lounge without a care or worry in the world, munching on delicious mixed nuts, while I sip on a mouthwatering cocktail. I love pub style mixed nuts so so much, but you often see the same flavor everywhere you turn, therefore I wanted to do something a little different & creative. Not only do I love savory, but I also really love sweet nuts as well. There’s nothing better than a glorious glazed nut with some salty spices mixed throughout. That flavor combination absolutely makes the most perfect buttery coated nut!
Melt one stick of butter with two tablespoons of brown sugar. Whisk until you get a caramel color over low-medium heat.
- Do not walk away from the stove so that the butter doesn’t have a chance to burn! That will ruin the entire thing, and you will definitely need to start the process over.
It’s kind of ironic when something is so good that it tastes luxurious due to it’s deep rich flavor, when really it takes all of five minutes to throw together. That’s why I always remind you Diamonds that when hosting parties or gatherings.. flavor, presentation, and plating is the most important thing! Nothing ever has to be difficult in the kitchen to be incredible tasting in your mouth!
- Once the butter is browned and fully melted, pour in an entire can of pistachio lovers nut blend! It’s the best kind of blend! 😉
As for seasonings to pack a punch of savory flavor:
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds for even more crunch!
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- sea salt & pepper to taste! You’ll want more salt than you’d normally put in a recipe because nuts love their salt!! That’s what makes them super tasty and lovely.
These nuts are wonderful to serve with an insanely cold glass of beer, used as an appetizer when you’re ordering a bunch of bar food to watch sports games, or it could be perfect to make for Super Bowl Sunday as well. I promise you Diamonds you will be coming back to this recipe for every party you throw, or even for gift bags you want to put together because they’re the best for all of that! The flavor couldn’t be more perfect and the textures are incredible. Even though spiced mixed nuts are an all year round food for whatever occasion you’d choose it to be for.. these sweet heat glazed nuts are perfect for a winter night of snacking. Certain flavors remind me of certain seasons, and these 100% take me to a snowy day filled with all the comfort food since they have such a prominent rich flavor profile!