After peanut butter & jelly the most iconic duo has got to be soft pretzels with the gooiest cheese.. at least in my book anyhow! 😉 Fun fat: It’s actually one of my all time favorite snacks! What I have realized though Diamonds, is whenever I go to enjoy a hard pretzel.. there’s never any dip combinations for that floating around in this world. It has always been known to dip your soft pretzel into cheese, but never a hard pretzel into cheese. If anything, I’ve seen people dip their snack bag filled with salted sourdoughs into straight up yellow mustard and as that has always been quite delicious.. I felt that the cheese had always been missing! Since I felt this way Diamonds.. I had to go find it! I have always enjoyed having the best of both worlds when it comes to food, so combining mustard & cheese into a fabulous hot style dip was a perfect plan!
The Hot Mustard Cheese Recipe:
- Two tablespoons of butter melted over medium-low heat.
- 1/4 block of whole fat cream cheese.
- 1/3 cup of yellow mustard.
- 2/3 cup of milk.
- 1/3 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Five thick slices of American cheese, chopped.
- One smaller sized block of gouda cheese.
- 1 tsp of hot sauce.
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of dried onion
- 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste!
- Whisk everything together & let it simmer for about five minutes over low heat. It will become very thick by doing so.
Now, the iconic duo for watching a sports game is having a frozen glass filled with your favorite draft beer, along with snacking on pretzels and chips of all kinds! Luckily for you Diamonds this year you’ll have a cheesy hard pretzel dip to enjoy while you watch the Super Bowl.. rooting for the next touchdown!
- Since next Sunday is in fact “Super Bowl Sunday”, that will be my last time posting an idea for all your game day festivities, so I wanted to end it with a bang! It definitely will cure all your sweet cravings after inhaling pizza, Stromboli, and butter & garlic coated wings!