This board is for all of those basketball lover’s in your life who are getting ready to spend every minute of their free time in front of the big screen down in the rec-room, away from the screaming kids to drown themselves in all 67 basketball games! I can already hear some of you Diamonds letting out that big sigh of relief knowing you’ll get some well deserved solitude. 😉 Of course.. just like when watching a movie, watching a game is always more entertaining when there are piles of snacks sitting all around you just waiting to be feasted on. You’ll want a mixture of savory & sweet flavor profiles and that’s exactly what this board offers. It’s bar food mixed with a charcuterie platter and I can truly say there is no better way to enjoy an intense tournament game than with that combination right there.
Bar Food On The Board:
- Boneless buffalo wings because what would a night of watching the games be without these babies?!
- Satisfying cheeseburger sliders. A burger and a beer is always the best way go to!
- Chips and guac because I mean.. you have to!
The Charcuterie Part:
- Thin slices of good pepperoni
- Mozzarella, prosciutto, and basil roll. You can find this in your local grocery store, meat market, or cheese store. It’s amazing! If you’ve never gave it a try, you definitely should.
- Buttery, salty crackers.
- Mozzarella pearls.
- Crunchy red grapes.
- I also added some salted Ruffles chips, and cheese balls because if you Diamonds have not taken notice.. the theme for this board is “round” to mimic the shape of a basketball. If you’ve been following me for a while now you already know that I love to stay on theme for events and get super into what I’m making, but if you don’t want to go that extra mile you do not have to. It definitely is quite fun though. 🙂
Some Sweet Treats:
- I don’t think any snack board should be left untreated… literally! 😉
- I wanted to add in some contrasting colors so I chose something dark. Double dark chocolate cookies. When I’m creating any sort of board I always try adding a certain color at the end that I feel it is lacking.
- For a little rainbow effect to add some fun since that’s what March Madness is all about.. I threw on some chocolate covered candies for a tad bit of decoration!
Not only is this board incredibly perfect for sitting down to binge watch the highly anticipated tournament games, but it’s also amazing for any sort of game night with friends or family, hanging out by the fire with friends, movie nights, and a fun date night in with your significant other. Trays and boards like this one are so awesome, fun, and versatile. They will satisfy anyone and any party, no matter what the theme may be!