Pesto eggs are EVERYWHERE at the moment! You will come across them on every social media platform, especially TIK TOK! Since you can in fact find them absolutely anywhere, i really wanted to show case them in a different light by pairing them with ingredients that would taste just magically together. Fresh marinated mozzarella, juicy, tangy sun-dried tomatoes, and my all time favorite thing in the world.. avocado toast! What can make that any better?! Oh yes of course, crushed red pepper flakes! You can’t forget to add that Italian heat to a dish like this one!
Let me show you how I built this pretty pesto concoction:
The entire building process of this toast is insanely simple!
- Heat up a saute pan over medium heat.
- Drop in two tablespoons of your favorite jarred pesto! If you have homemade on hand you could definitely use that as well, but if you do not let’s keep it easy here!!
- When the pesto starts bubbling you can crack in two fresh eggs.
You do not need to use any excess oil to fry your eggs because there will be enough oil released from the pesto being heating at the bottom of the pan.
- Continue to cook the eggs over medium-low heat for a total of 4 minutes.
- Season everything with sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- You can flip the eggs to enjoy them over easy or leave them sunny side up. Up to you!
- Toast two pieces of Italian bread.
- Spread half of an avocado between the two slices of bread. If the avocado happens to be on the smaller side you can of course use the entire avocado.
- Once the avocado is on the toast you can add the pesto eggs on top of that.
- Slice up marinated mozzarella balls and sun-dried tomatoes to top off that toast with!
Well Diamonds, there you have the VIRAL PESTO EGGS amped up to another level! This toast is filled with all of the Italian flavors that you’ll be craving this Summer! Speaking of Summer.. this is the best recipe for breakfast on the back porch, brunch with the girls, or a tasty poolside snack to munch on while you soak up some sun.