I truly believe that one of the worlds greatest Summertime salads are caprese salads. They’re without a doubt insanely refreshing and incredibly addictive. The flavor profile is so perfect; between the acidity of the tomatoes, the creaminess of the cheese, and the smoothness from the healthy drizzle of olive oil that it usually has running across the top of it. In this particular caprese salad that i created i not only used mozzarella, but i also dolloped some globs of ricotta around as well. The ricotta cheese gives this platter of goodness another layer of mild creaminess that pairs beautifully next to the all of the vinegary components.
How to build this LAYERED ITALIAN CAPRESE PLATE:
- Alternate farm fresh moneymaker tomatoes, two slices of sopressata, and freshly sliced mozzarella cheese. You’ll want to cut the tomatoes and the cheese into the same thickness so that everything looks beautifully presented!
- Once you rotate those three ingredients in a circular pattern on your platter, then start to dollop whole milk ricotta all along the top.
- Just like the ricotta.. place spoonfuls of artichoke bruschetta all over everything as well.
- Place thinly sliced red onion in between random pieces of the cheese, tomato, or sopressata.
- Lastly, finish with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, garlic powder, oregano, chopped parsley, and a light drizzle of sweet balsamic glaze.
This Italian caprese plate is just gorgeous!
You Diamonds will be making this all Summer long! This plate is filled with bright, fresh flavors that everyone will crave whenever the weather is warm no matter what you’re celebrating or where you are going.
2 Comments Add yours
It is gorgeous😊 Do you do takeouts for tomorrow’s lunch 🥗
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you!! You can place an order next time 😉