Brunch boards are one of my absolute favorite kind of boards to put together! They’re always so beautifully stunning and luxurious looking, especially when there is seafood piled on it. Aside from the seafood, the rest of the deliciousness that I have this board adorned with is also quite decadent being that the toppings are either rich in flavor, texture, or even both! If any of you Diamonds recreate this for an upcoming soiree, or afternoon tea with all of your girlfriends, every single one of your guests will be insanely impressed with the effort you put into it. If you were to purchase a board like this at an establishment or restaurant of any kind you would be paying an arm and a leg for it. I think sometimes when we know we’re going to be hosting a party; even if it’s small, we tend to get overwhelmed. Therefore, our first instinct is to start calling around and ordering food so that we can have other people do the work for us to save time and money. In some instances that is more than alright because it does help you out in certain ways. However, that isn’t always the case. When you build a board like this you get to show off your creativity to your loved ones, and they get to join in the creativity with you when it comes to piling goodies on top of their bagels. Besides, when you see the joy it brings them when they’re enjoying the food you prepared and the ambiance you set up by yourself you’ll feel so so content.
You cannot have a bagel board without your favorite bagels from a local bakery or bagel shop!
- Variety is key because not everyone likes the same things or has the same taste, so get at least five different bagels and get multiples of each. Depending on how many people are attending your party of course!
- Since you will be serving pretty many bagels I do suggest that you grab a big bread basket just like I did, unless you own a gigantic entertaining board that can fit everything on it at once.
- Just as I mentioned about having variety in bagel flavors you’ll want to have the same options in cream flavors also. Since there are so many cream cheeses to choose from I decided to cut the bagels in half, then into quarters. This way your guests can have eight different loaded bagels, while really only ever eating one whole bagel.
I chose six different cream cheeses! I believe you always have to have at least four savory and two sweet, especially when you have various bagel options at your finger tips. Your guests might wonder why there are so many different bagels to choose from if you would only decide to serve two different kinds of cream cheeses along side.
- The first cream cheese flavor is bacon jalapeno!
- The second is vegetable cream cheese! This one is always popular.
3. The third is scallion cream cheese. This has always been one of my favorites. It has such great flavor and goes with every single bagel besides the sweet bagels that have fruit, nuts, or chocolate in them.
4. The last cream cheese that I have on the board is walnut raisin which pairs perfectly with a cinnamon raisin bagel, or also a plain bagel.
- The other two cream cheeses that I didn’t set directly on the board were the extremely sweet, dessert-like ones.
- Peanut butter s’mores and confetti!
Let’s talk seafood!
Smoked salmon is ALWAYS a MUST on a bagel board!
- Cold peel and eat shrimp is something I love to add onto a brunch board! If seafood isn’t your thing you could definitely add some salty salami, and sopressata. They both go great on a bagel as well because the two of them pair wonderfully with cream cheese just like peanut butter and jelly!
The tasty toppings you NEED to take bagels & lox to the next level!
- Salty, briny capers!
- Thinly sliced red onion.
- Sliced Kumato tomatoes. These are excellent! They’re my favorite kind of tomatoes, for sure.
- Sliced red roma tomatoes. A classic!
- Mashed avocado mixed with freshly squeezed lemon juice, a few dashes of hot sauce, cilantro, sea salt, freshly cracker black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Chopped cilantro.
- You can also serve some freshly chopped basil or dill weed on this board if you would like!
Since Valentine’s Day is in exactly one short month from now and I like to do holiday festivities ahead of time to enjoy them, this board is so great to build for celebrating love with your friends, your co workers, or if you’re wanting to throw a couples brunch at your house on a Sunday afternoon. This would be perfect for that.