One of my favorite flavors of chicken wings to get at one of the local bars near where I live is most definitely creamy butter garlic parmesan. The sauce is simply succulent and honestly, quite out of this world! You wouldn’t even understand how amazing it is unless you’ve tried it! Of course, not every restaurant or lounge makes that flavor into a nice creamy thick sauce like I like it, so I wanted to recreate my best version of the sauce for you guys so that you’s could make it at home as well to see just how wonderful it really is. Being that the market price for chicken wings have sky rocketed over the past year or more, I decided to make the most amazing pasta dish in it’s honor. This pasta takes just like those buttery, garlic-y, really cheesy chicken wings that we all know and love, while just replacing the wings with a whole bunch of carbs and a little bit of chicken! 😉 The pasta lover in your life will love this one Diamonds!
First chop up the tried and true trio for this pasta dish!
- Small dice an entire tiny red onion. You could use a shallot instead if you would prefer, or if that’s what you have on hand.
- Mince three gloves of fresh garlic.
- Thinly slice three stalks of green onion.
- Get two tablespoons of butter ready to go into the pan with the veggies.
- Pour three tablespoons of olive oil into a sautee pan with the four ingredients we prepared earlier.
- Caramelize the onions and garlic over medium-low heat for five minutes.
- While the veggies are caramelizing, prep your chicken breasts.
- Cut off any of the excess fat on the chicken that you don’t want. Slice each breast in half and then cut into strips.
- Sautee the chicken for 8 minutes over medium-high heat.
As the chicken continues to cook, boil the pasta in that amount of time.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked it will become slightly browned, and the veggies will appear golden and caramelized.
- Season with a pinch of sea salt, seasoned salt, freshly cracked black pepper, onion powder, chopped parsley, and a pinch of dried oregano.
- Deglaze the pan with 1/3 cup of sherry wine. Then, add in three big ladles of pasta water before you drain all that yummy salty water off of those noodles! This step will give the pasta that glorious silky texture and get it to the sauce consistency that we want.
- Sprinkle in 1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Turn the heat off and whisk in 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- Drain the pasta!
- Pour the pasta right over the chicken and sauce.
- Then, of course we have to add more cheese! This time I used 1/2 cup of Pecorino Romano cheese just to give it that extra sharp, salty bite.
Get your pasta bowl ready to be filled with tons of garlic goodness!
- Mix the chicken, sauce, and pasta all together.
Considering Valentine’s Day is beginning to be celebrated and everyone is now finishing decorating for the holiday of love, I’m sure that means you’re going to start planning your romantic dinners with your husbands, wives, fiance’s, girlfriends, boyfriends, and even friends. Whoever you’re preparing this for, they will absolutely love it! It will be your new go-to date night meal! It may even be there new favorite pasta dish all together, and before you know it you’ll be making this at least one a week for your significant other to devour into!