We’re all very well aware of the fact that you can pack your kids lunches with mini individual bags of crackers, pretzels, and chips, but they’re all things they’ve probably seen or even had before! Send your children back to school this season with the crunchiest and most flavorful snack mix there could be for those who love sour cream and onion chips! This is a great flavor to have the kids try out because its not too “in your face” and it has no sort of spice level at all so it’s very friendly to young palettes. You can also throw in popcorn or pretzels into the mix as well for an extra bite of butter or saltiness that we all adore when indulging in a snack. If your kids happen to be the kind that just prefer to buy their lunch at school then that’s totally fine! This sour cream and onion snack mix makes for the perfect after school snack as well. It’s even great to pack up to take with you for a hike, a road trip, and just to hang out in your bedroom with while you’re watching a midnight movie!
How to build the Snack mix:
In goes a full bag of sour cream and onion chips.
Then a whole container of crispy bagel chips!
Next: Add in all of the sesame sticks!
- Honey roasted sesame sticks
- Sour cream and onion sesame sticks
- I got both of these at my local farmers market. If you can’t find the flavors you should be able to purchase them online.
I always make a seasoned butter mixture for every snack mix I make and this one is onion flavored, of course!
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 2 tablespoons of chives
- 1/2 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 tablespoon of dried onion
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- seasoned salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Let the butter simmer on medium low heat to be able to turn into a rich and intensely flavorful sour cream and onion brown butter.
Mix, mix, mix all that goodness together.
You can garnish with chives and parsley and then this sour cream snack is yours to enjoy however you’d like. As I always say, all of my snack mixes are amazing for parties, gatherings, and get togethers as well! I hope you Diamonds are getting excited for Fall because I definitely am getting anxious for you all to see all the incredible things I have lined up for the best season ever.