I have been absolutely loving creating new bread recipes especially for Fall and I have to just say that this specific bread filled with a scrumptious apple pie filling is absolutely sensational! It will definitely satisfy any sweet tooth craving you might be having this season. If you are an apple pie, baked apple, or apple dessert lover in general this is going to be your new favorite thing ever! This dessert is a cross between a bread, cake, and pie all wrapped up into one heavenly slice of goodness. If you’re thinking of baking this recipe for yourself I would highly suggest purchasing your baking apples from a local farmers market or better yet, go apple picking yourself! It’s a fun activity, the apples will be good and fresh, and you get to pick exactly what you want. Who doesn’t love that?!
You can not have an apple pie bread without the apple pie filling so let’s make it!
- Peel and cut 3 baking apples of your choice.
- Add three tablespoons of butter to a saute pan over medium heat.
- Throw the apples in and allow them to caramelize for five minutes.
- Sprinkle in cinnamon and 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- Cook for another five minutes.
- Lastly, allow the apple mixture to cool for ten minutes.
When baking anything at all you’ll always want to add the dry mixture into the wet to create the best batter!
For the wet ingredients:
- In a glass mixing bowl melt one stick of salted butter. You can use unsalted of course when baking but I love the flavor and I do not add any extra salt into the dry ingredients.
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 2 eggs, beaten.
For the dry ingredients:
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together 2 cups of all purpose flour along with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
Then of course you can shake the dry ingredients into the wet!
Add the apple pie mixture.
Mix the batter until fully incorporated.
- Grease a bread pan and line the bottom with parchment paper so that bread is super easy to remove from the pan after baking.
- Dump the apple pie bread batter into the parchment paper.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon for color and an extra bite of fall spice.
BAKE AT 350 DEGREES FOR 1 HOUR.
This bread is going to come out of the oven looking beautifully golden brown, fluffy, and scrumptious!
- 1/4 block of cream cheese.
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- A splash of milk.
- As much cinnamon as you would like.
When the bread is slightly cooled you can pour that thick and creamy glaze all over the top. This glaze is quite literally the “icing on the cake” to this insanely awesome apple pie bread.
You can package this up and give it to someone in a cute basket with a few other goodies for a welcome home gift or a house warming present to congratulate a loved one on the next chapter in their life. Although, if you choose to give this away you’ll have to make multiple loaves because you are definitely going to want to keep a few for yourself! This is some of the best dessert bread I ever had! It truly doesn’t need anything more then a cup of coffee or your favorite espresso to accompany the yummy flavors. A slice of this while you cuddle up to a spooky Halloween movie is all you’re going to need to start a slow weekend morning or to end a long day.
2 Comments Add yours
Can’t wait to try this recipe. Looks like a keeper 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh it DEFINITELY is!! It’s one of the best breads I’ve made! I’m really into making them so there will be many more coming within the next few months!