Who doesn’t love potatoes, Diamonds?! They’re pretty, popular, and pillowy little precious lumps of absolute lusciousness. Potatoes have multiple personalities so that makes it difficult for people not to like them considering they get along with just about everybody. 😉 We enjoy frying them, mashing them, and baking them. However, I feel like one variation that gets overlooked is the classic roasted potato. My thoughts on that viewpoint is that most peoples opinions on the roasted potato is that it’s too bland and not as flavorful and decadent as all of the other ways you can indulge in potato recipes. Thankfully, I have outstanding news on that concept! It is 100% incorrect. It is all about taking the proper steps when roasted them and making sure they’re seasoned with the perfect ingredients. If you coat them in a good amount of fat and bake them at the right temperature for just the right amount of time they will come out deliciously crispy and crunchy . If you think you love french fries but not roasted potatoes, you’re going to be very surprised when you get a load of these babies!
They’re one of my favorite ways I have ever made potatoes, so let’s get into it!
You’re going to want to use baby or fingerling potatoes for this recipe.
- Wash and dry the potatoes.
- Cut each potato in half length wise!
- Melt 3/4 stick of butter in a small sauce pan over low heat.
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- 3 tablespoon of ranch seasoning.
- Season with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, dill, oregano, and parsley.
Cook the butter mixture on low for three minutes.
- Pour the parmesan ranch butter all over the potatoes and mix everything together in a large bowl.
- Once they are completed coated and seasoned dip the flat side of the potato into freshly grated parmesan cheese so that they have the opportunity to get as crunchy in the oven as they possibly can.
- This will add another layer of cheese flavor to them as well!
BAKE AT 425 DEGREES FOR 30-40 minutes depending on how crispy you like your potatoes.
THE DIP: Parmesan ranch dressing!
- Equal parts mayo and sour cream. I did about 1/4 cup each but it all depends on how many people you’re serving and how many potatoes you made!
- 1/2 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce.
- A tablespoon of ranch seasoning.
- Season with seasoned salt, freshly cracked black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dill and parsley.
You can of course dip these crispy parmesan ranch potatoes in absolutely anything or even eat them plain because they’re that incredible! The flavor is pungent and superb! You’ll want these with every single meal you put together! Prime rib, seafood, and especially a cheesesteak hoagie would all pair immaculately with them. No matter what they’re going to be the star of the show, or the table! However you want to spin it. 😉