The Christmas season no doubt calls for gorgeous, festive cocktails. Every party, get together, and late nights during December need to have a beautiful beverage handy that everyone can enjoy while they reconnect with loved ones they haven’t seen in ages to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year. This drink is perfect in every way. It is super seasonal and filled with holiday flavors while still giving you that crisp, refreshing feeling you’re searching for when enjoying a cool cocktail such as this.
Let’s prepare the glass.
- Freeze your glass of choice for five-ten minutes. I do this with every single cocktail that I create.
- Something else I love to do when making a drink like this is rimming the glass. Cover the rim of the glass in honey, then turn the glass upside down and dip into a plate filled with holiday sprinkles. You can use regular red sprinkles, but I chose red and gold sugar sprinkles since there was gold writing on the glass. I love adding little extra touches like that.
- Fill the glass 3/4 of the way with crushed ice. You can never have a cocktail without ice.
Let’s pour up this Christmas cocktail!
As you can see here, this is also a great drink to whip up for yourself when you come home from a long, hard day of Christmas shopping for every single person in your life.
- In a shaker glass drop in a handful of fresh cranberries.
- Pour in 1oz. of Orange whiskey.
- Pour in 2oz. of cranberry juice.
- A squeeze of fresh orange juice.
- Fill with ice.
Shake, shake, shake.
There’s only one thing left to do! Let’s top this drink with some fantastic fizz!
- Fill the rest of the glass up with your favorite ginger ale.
I just adore when you add garnishes inside of a drink and they float effortlessly to the top of the glass to be seen.
Just a tip for my Diamonds!
Do not EVER put anything carbonated inside of your glass shakers!! ALWAYS pour them on top.
Even if you’ve been a little naughty this year, this cranberry cocktail is going to make you turn nice! 😉 If it happens to not fix your attitude, it’s definitely going to make you feel nice and relaxed which is what we crave anyway from all the hustle and bustle leading up to Christmas Eve. This Cranberry-Orange Whiskey Spritzer is deliciously dangerous, so drink responsibly Diamonds!