No matter how big or small the party, there’s always room for well.. a little more small bites!! It doesn’t have to be extravagant, fancy, or filled with new things people have never tasted before, even though of course they are all solid choices. Sometimes we just need little add ons for dinner parties, or even much bigger parties. Variety is key for everything at every event, no matter what the occasion, or theme may be. I think there are times where we get the idea in our heads that if we’re hosting a gathering for a larger crowd, everything we present has to be huge, and over the top. Fortunately that isn’t always the case. Even if you are expecting a wide range of people, you can fill the kitchen island, and counters with a whole bunch of little charcuterie boards & pretty platters, instead of making yourself nuts trying to impress people with every single thing you’re planning on making!
Diamonds, always remember.. on every board you create you don’t need endless amounts of meats, and aged cheeses to make it the most delicious it can be. You need a few impeccable items that pair exquisitely together, so no matter how small your pick tray may be it will always be perfect.
Six sensational Italian ingredients to make the best bite board:
- Everything but the bagel seasoning crackers. You can use plain butter crackers, but it’s great to have that punch of garlic flavor when pairing it with mild mozzarella cheese, and some vinegary pops along side of it!
- Fresh sliced mozzarella cheese. This cheese pairs wonderfully with the other goodies on the board.
- Marinated whole button mushrooms. The texture up against the flakey, and crunchy wheat crackers is really really awesome!
- Pimento stuffed green olives. To me, these are a staple on any board. They’re classic, insanely flavorful, and are so great even for just a simple garnish.
- Smoked gouda woven wheat crackers. These type of crackers are some of my absolute favorite ones. The cheese flavor goes super well with everything else sitting next to it!
- Sweet & smokey red roasted peppers. I have always had love for these ruby colored sweet, sweet silky peppers. They go with basically any dish, and every appetizer on the face of the planet, and dare I say.. it’s probably my favorite way to enjoy a pepper. Next to the hot & spicy versions of course. 😉
Perfect bites sometimes come in super sweet, small packages Diamonds. 😉
- Think & plan before you prep for your next gathering!