The name of these ooey-gooey, fluffy, and chocolatey balls of deliciousness says it all! They really are BOMB! All three flavors explode in your mouth individually, while coming together as one unique dessert. Originally these babies were going to be called truffles.. which technically they are. Bon-bons, truffles, bombs, balls.. whichever way you want to turn them, they are truly magical holiday treats packed with everything you could ever love about the Christmas season! If you are an Oreo lover like me, these will definitely be your go to! If you also adore cheesecake, along with a toasty cup of hot cocoa this time of year.. these will absolutely blow your mind! I promise you Diamonds you won’t be able to get enough! 😉
You can not have Oreo truffles of any kind, no matter how big or how small, until you add the Oreos in! Crush those yummy cookies up until they turn into bite sized crumbs!!
Dump all of the Oreo crumbs into a large glass mixing bowl!
Ingredients to add on top of the Oreos :
- One block of whole fat cream cheese. (The cheesecake part)
- 1 cup of marshmallow fluff.
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. (The hot chocolate part)
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Before it’s mixed VS. After it’s fully mixed!
Once your rich, delicious, and extra chocolate filled concoction is all mixed together.. roll them into little “meatballs”, and line each one on a cookie sheet using parchment paper.
- Once the *brownie like* bombs are all lined on the cookie sheet.. set them in the fridge for at least two hours, so that they can be evenly coated in the chocolate!
In a double boiler.. melt half a bag of dark chocolate chips, along with half a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Along with the chocolate I also put a piece of melting wax to help the chocolate melt correctly, and to become insanely smooth.
- Take your bombs out the fridge! Make sure they’re set up well enough so that they do not break while coating them in the hot melted chocolate. Then gently place back on the baking sheet.
They of course do not have to be perfectly shaped & rounded. They just have to be extremely yummy, comforting, and coated in silky, shinny chocolate!
The next step is super simple, but super necessary!
- After you finish coating all of the bombs in your melted chocolate.. let them set up in the fridge for at least 10 minutes so that they become hard, and don’t run when you apply the white chocolate.
- All I did to melt the white chocolate was dump the chips in a bowl, and melt them as it states on the back of the package! So easy!
- The reason I didn’t use a double boiler for the white chocolate is for the simple fact that I didn’t have to roll, or cover anything in it. I just drizzled all the thick white chocolate over each bomb mimicking whipped cream or marshmallows on hot chocolate to add luscious sweetness!
Tis The Season for wonderful treats, sweet eats, and time in the kitchen with the ones you love most! I know once you Diamonds recreate these amazing little bombs, you’ll want to keep making them even after the holidays are over! Speaking of.. these would be a perfect Valentines Day treat if you wanted to coat them in white chocolate instead of dark, and just add pink or red food coloring to it! That’s future talk of course, but we all like to look forward to things in the New Year right?! Especially after the crazy year that we all had to endure!