Diamonds! I just have to tell you that these fish tacos are INSANE! If you love a good taco, but sometimes want a little change up from the normal taco Tuesday ingredients then these are totally the ones for you! You will literally be amazed with how fabulous these are even though we’re using fish sticks! One of the tricks for these incredible handheld beauties is the fact that the fish was cooked in the air fryer! I definitely wouldn’t throw the sticks in the oven for these tacos because they will not get nearly as crispy and crunchy as they would if you deep fry them or do what I did! Not only were these insanely good that you’ll want to keep having another after another, but they couldn’t be easier to make!!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 6 inch. soft flour tortillas
- A bag of shredded multi colored cabbage
- Frozen fish sticks! Trust me Diamonds.. they’ll be incredible!
- An avocado/avocados depending if you’re cooking for more than 4 people or not.
- A small white onion
- Fresh scallions
- Fresh cilantro
- Hot sauce- use whatever you favorite brand is, but do not use buffalo sauce.
- Creamy salasa verde sauce- you can find this in a bottle in your grocery store next to the tortillas!
- Green chili sauce
- Garlic powder
Recipe for these down right fantastic fish tacos:
- Mix half the bag of cabbage with 1/4 cup of mayo and two tablespoons of sriracha, a few thin slices of the white onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- While you let the coleslaw sit in the fridge for a while so that the flavors mend together..air fry or deep fry the fish sticks!
- If I’m not putting ground beef in my tacos I always need them toasted! It just ends up making the best taco when adding a slight crunch to it! To that do.. heat up a skillet to medium-low heat and place 3-4 tortillas in the pan until they have a nice golden touch to them!
- If you do not have a taco server.. that’s perfectly fine, but it’s definitely something to invest in if you make tacos often because it is the easiest way for you to build them! I love that it holds everything upright and in place!!
- Once the tacos are toasted to your liking you can start to fill them with a generous scoop of the spicy coleslaw, and then layer with three fish sticks right over top that so that you can barely even see the coleslaw mixture.
- Mash up as many avocados as you think you’ll need and add a few dashes of hot sauce, green chili lime sauce, a handful of chopped scallions, garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste.
- Lastly, garnish with a couple fresh scallions on top, a drizzle of creamy salsa verde, and about 3-4 dashes of chili lime sauce. Don’t over do it with the lime sauce being that it’s a pretty potent flavor, but don’t skip out on it either! This is an ingredient that can make and break a dish.
When you Diamonds take that first bite of the taco you’ll be hit with flavors from every single direction! Your mouth will instantly take off on a crazy amusement park ride and not come back down until you have officially taken your last bite. The flavor profile of these are actually unreal. They are crunchy, creamy, tangy, and a tad bit spicy; I know all of you will just absolutely die for them! This is definitely a restaurant quality meal at home. My boyfriend actually stated that he loved them more than a seafood pub that we go to specifically for fish tacos. THAT is how good these tacos are.
- If you recreate these fish stick tacos make sure to tag me on facebook @DeepFriedDiamonds and on Instagram @therealdeepfrieddiamonds so I can see your love for them as well! 🙂