If you’re a 90’s baby like me or you remember feeding after school snacks to your kids..the name “pizza bagel” will totally ring a bell! My mouth waters thinking of all the goodies that used to be incredibly popular when I was younger and sometimes you just want to bring those memories back to you, so that’s exactly what I did with these cheesy circles right here. Instead of just doing plain cheese like we were so used to when enjoying the traditional ones, I decided to add an extremely tasty twist to them! These pizza bagels are awesome because they’re huge, super creamy, and deliciously cheesy!! Not only will the kids love these, but they are also perfect to make in bulk for some sort of gathering to serve as appetizers, or even just to indulge in while you’re watching the Marvel movies on a fun Friday night!
How To Create The Creamy Chicken Parmesan Filling:
This mixture is so so delicious, and super simple to throw together! It’s that good that you’re going to want to start adding it into every single dish that you make!
- Cut up two leftover chicken fingers! You Diamond’s know I love incorporating leftovers into my creations that I concoct, but if you do not have any chicken fingers on hand you can use any kind of chicken you would like!
- Chop up a handful of black olives! I really love olives on my pizza but if you’re not an olive person you may leave it out.
- Mix in two tablespoons of cream cheese. This is what’s going to give you that super creamy texture.
- Toss in a handful of parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup of white cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Combine all of the ingredients with 3 tablespoons of pizza sauce or plain marinara sauce. Whatever you have on hand will taste just as amazing.
- Lastly.. since you Diamonds know I can’t have anything without a ton of seasoning.. crack in some fresh black pepper, sea salt, garlic powder, dried onion, parsley, and oregano.
Take any flavored bagel of your choice.. none of the sweet ones of course, and smother a generous layer of pizza sauce all over the inside of each half. I made two bagels but you can obviously make however many you need to suit your family or guests.
After the sauce has been evenly spread all over each open faced bagel, top all of them with two spoonfuls of the creamy chicken parmesan filling. Then finish every single pizza bagel off with shredded mozzarella cheese, parsley, and Italian seasoning.
- Pop these in the oven at 375 for 20-25 minutes until the bagels are crusty and the cheese is bubbly, and brown.
The pizza bagels will come out looking incredibly crusty, cheesy, and saucy! I served these with French onion dip and it really couldn’t have been a more compatible match!
Take these on the go in the car, in a lunch box, or on the back porch as a snack to enjoy this beautiful weather that us East Coasters have been experiencing!