Whoa! That is truly a mouthful Diamonds! A cheesy, tangy, sensational mouthful if we’re trying to keep it real though!! These are insanely incredible!! I promise that you won’t even understand what you’ve been missing all your life until you pop one of these bacon wrapped beauties in your mouth and realize that you can never have a cookout without these ever again. It’s honestly everything you love about a burger that’s smothered in cheese and topped with crispy, chewy bacon stuffed inside of a smokey jalapeño instead of a bun. If you are trying to stay away from carbs or you decided to venture into the world of a ketogenic diet, im super excited to announce that these are for your tastebuds to enjoy as well!
I love these poppers SO MUCH and I know you Diamonds will too. Let me show you how I created them!
- The first and most obvious step would be to cut and clean your jalapeños.
- Then you’ll want to focus on making your cheeseburger mixture! Use 1/2 pound of 80/20 ground beef to every five whole jalapeños. I did cook the entire pound of meat to have leftovers for cheeseburger salads and patty melts, so you could also do that as well if you would like!
- On medium heat cook the beef until golden brown.
- When the meat is fulled cooked and you can’t spot anymore pink, add in 1/2 cup of ketchup, 1/4 cup of yellow mustard, 2 teaspoons of ranch dressing, 6 slices of American cheese (Cooper sharp would be best for this recipe), garlic powder, paprika, sea salt, and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Combine everything together over medium low heat for about five minutes.
- Once the meat mixture is finished, turn the heat off and transfer everything to clean plate to cool for a few minutes.
- After about 10 minutes of the meat coming to room temperate, stuff each half of the jalapeños with the cheeseburger concoction.
Before wrapping each of the jalapeños in bacon, let’s add more cheese! I always say the cheesier, the better when it comes to amazing eats. Especially with an appetizer like this one! When something has a bite of spice and a nice kick to it, it’s always good to add more fat to the dish because it helps balance out flavors. Fat and creaminess cuts spice! That’s a good note to jot down Diamonds for whenever you go a little heavy handed on the sriracha or you sprinkle too many crushed red pepper flakes into your homemade vodka sauce.
- I sprinkled on mind cheddar but you could use whatever kind of shredded cheese you’d like. I think cheddar goes with jalapeños like peanut butter goes with jelly, so that’s why I’ll always have to throw some in the mix!
Once the cheese is piled as high as can be on each of the halved jalapeños, wrap an entire piece of bacon around each one unless there’s a few that are to small for a whole piece. If you need to cut a piece of bacon off of the end you’re more than welcome to do so.
Air Fry these babies on 400 degrees for exactly ten minutes! They will come out perfect.
See what I mean Diamonds! PERFECTION at it’s finest.
If you are seriously looking to amp up your party game this summer and wanting to go all out with your Summer barbecues, these will help immensely. They are everything you could want on a gorgeous evening in the backyard, chilling with friends by the tiki bar. You really won’t be able to have any kind of outdoor party without them ever again in your whole entire life! Umm.. okay that might be a little dramatic there Diamonds, but I’m sure you would miss them way too much! 😉
2 Comments Add yours
😋 I had similar version with sausage instead of beef stuffed. Have to try! Looks Delicious 😋 .
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes! I heard that from a few people! This version though you’ll definitely have to try!!