Grilled sides are the best sides when the weather is hot and the palate is craving a kickin’, smoky flavor profile! That’s probably one of the greatest flavors during this time of year. I know it seems like Summer just started, but it has gone by super quick so far and will be over before you know it! My most favorite way to enjoy the Summer is to grill anything and everything I can think of. This grilled buffalo ranch cauliflower that I created has to be one of my favorite “off the grill” recipes that I’ve ever done. We’re really into cauliflower dishes in my house, so this was a perfect addition to the miraculous meal that we enjoyed out on the patio with great views of the pool that we recently got updated!
Let me show you how I grilled up this crunchy head of cauliflower!
Start with mixing together this creamy buffalo ranch sauce that we’re going to spread all over each cauliflower steak while it grills.
- 1/2 bottle or jar of your favorite ranch dressing! You can make it homemade as well using mayonnaise, sour cream, and buttermilk!
- On top of all of that creaminess, follow up with 1/3 cup of hot sauce. Make sure you are using buffalo sauce though and not Mexican hot sauce! There is a big difference in taste! As i do love certain hot sauces of that nature.. that’s not what we’re going for here.
- Sprinkle a couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce into the mix.
- Season with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, dried oregano, parsley, and mix well!
- Wrap with plastic wrap and set in the fridge so that the flavors can marry until you’re ready to baste the cauliflower on the grill.
- Of course we must cut the vegetable before we can grill it! I cut the core out of my head of cauliflower and then sliced them into 1 inch “steaks”. There will be some small flowers that fall off. You can just put them in a grill pan and place that entire pan onto the grill itself.
- Before placing the cauliflower on the grill make sure to spray all of the pieces with olive oil spray so they don’t stick.
Set your grill on medium heat so that the flame is just right. Cook on each side for 15 minutes. After 30 minutes the cauliflower should be at the perfect softness.
While the cauliflower cooks on each side, brush on the buffalo ranch sauce we made earlier.
If you don’t think the cauliflower will get done as well in the grill pan as it would on the grill, you will definitely be proven wrong Diamonds! Look how deliciously caramelized they come!!
- When you gently remove the cauliflower from the grill with tongs, place all of it inside of the grill pan. It gives it an authentic presentation while keeping the vegetable extremely warm a lot longer than transferring it to a serving platter. This is a dish that would still taste delectable cooled down, but i do prefer it to be pretty hot!
Garnish with chopped fresh chives and thyme! I love both of those herbs together so much and their aroma will make this dish even more exquisite. You Diamonds can serve this grilled herbed buffalo ranch cauliflower with absolutely anything, even a simple hot dog, or some juicy bacon cheeseburgers. It’s a really wonderful contrast to serve a fresh, grilled vegetable that has a tang to it with something more fattening! It balances out the whole eating experience!