I am absolutely in love with breakfast sandwiches! They’re one of the things that I could eat no matter what time of day, or what the occasion is. This is the type of breakfast sandwich that can be served at all different kinds of celebrations. Brunch bashes and bridal showers are events that would be beyond perfect to serve these bistro sandwiches at! As you Diamonds already know I am extremely obsessed with avocado. I could eat it every single day paired with endless different foods. One of the things that I have been pairing it with the most lately has been burrata. It is an exquisite cheese that has an outside of mozzarella and an inside of ricotta. The two very unique and slightly different creamy textures go together like peanut butter and jelly.
This bistro breakfast sandwich is rich, and perfectly chewy, but can still be served as a light lunch. Let me show you how I made it!
For a sandwich like this one I chose to use a Tuscan styled bread. Ciabatta is the absolute best bread to use when you’re going to pile the toppings high with lots of creamy goodness! You want to pair creaminess with a more chewy, crusty bread rather than something super soft and pillowy. As I said before in another blog post, when creating a sandwich; the bread you pick to hold all of your goodies can make it or break it!
- Mash half of an avocado on top of the ciabatta bread! Season with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, garlic powder, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- On the other half of the bread you can place two marvelous medium cooked eggs! You can also cook them over easy, but I cooked mine a few minutes longer on low heat so that the yolk didn’t run when it was time to bite into the sandwich. I very much enjoy that at times depending on what kind of sandwiches I’m putting together, but since there is so much butteriness from the cheese and avocado, this style of egg was ideal!
- For the scrumptious cheese part of the sandwich.. place an entire ball of burrata on top of the mashed avocado mixture.
- Slice the burrata open with a knife and spread the ricotta filled inside all across the sandwich.
- This delicious cheese makes this sandwich!
- Drizzle your favorite brand of EVOO right over the burrata to add another layer of silkiness to this dish!
- Sprinkle some red hot pepper chili flakes over the burrata as well! It gives the sandwich a nice kick along with adding some wonderful flavors!
This bistro sandwich is down right stunning and just great to enjoy on an early Summer afternoon as you watch the birds fly and the bees pollinate the last of the flowers that are still thriving on your front porch! If you so desired, you can also pour some basil pesto sauce right over top of the burrata as well! That would be impeccable!! I served this beauty with some sweet, juicy red plums drizzled with local honey. This brunch truly hit the spot and I know if you Diamonds try it you will love it just as much as I did!