Baking usually isn’t my “forte” BUT the holidays always scream baking season to me, so I wanted to take part in it this year! My mom normally bakes a few batches of different Christmas cookies every single year, but she unfortunately had to get two surgeries back to back a couple weeks ago. I really wanted her to relax, take it easy, and use her time off of work to recover, so I decided to take on the roll of the cookie making process! You Diamonds know I do everything extra over, so I couldn’t just bake boring old chocolate chip cookies that everyone else already does during this time of year. I wanted to kick my cookie game up a notch! I thought of my two favorite cookies and what I loved about them! Immediately the light bulb went off in my head and I got the perfect idea for what would become the most beloved Christmas cookie in my household!
If peanut butter blossoms and ooey gooey chocolate chip cookies had a baby it would be these incredible cookies right here!!
Christmas cookies are always so amazing in their purest form, but they’re even more sensational when you top each of them with a decadent piece of chocolate candy! I used Rolos and Reese cups. This final touch made these cookies something to adore!!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- All purpose flour.
- Granulated sugar.
- Light brown sugar.
- Baking soda.
- Baking powder.
- Two sticks of UNSALTED butter.
- Two room temperature eggs.
- Pure vanilla extract.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Peanut butter.
- Green and red sprinkles.
- Rolos ready to be unwrapped! Along with any other candies you choose to use.
- Measuring cups, measuring spoons and mixing bowls, of course!
The wet mixture:
- The very first step to creating this cookie dough is to combine all of the “wet” ingredients together!
- Combine two sticks of softened butter along with 1 cup of granulated sugar, 3/4 cup of light brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, two room temperate eggs, 1/2 cup of peanut butter and mix with a hand mixer until everything is evenly combined!
- When the wet ingredients are fully mixed together the consistency is going to resemble peanut butter pie filling!
The dry mixture:
- 2 2/3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Lastly, sprinkle red and green sprinkles on top of the dry ingredients until your heart’s content.
- You’re definitely going to want to add the dry mixture slowly into the wet. If you were to add the wet mixture into the dry you would receive a big, clumpy mess.
Mix until everything is fully combined into a beautiful dough like consistency.
Get your full cup of chocolate chips ready to be poured!
POUR, POUR, POUR.
Mix them up!
Get ready to scoop!
- I rolled my dough into a meatball like size and shape!
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and bake 12 cookies at a time on a baking sheet for 10-15 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
- While you’re waiting for the cookies to bake, unwrap all of your chocolates because as soon as they come out of the oven you’ll want to immediately push them directly into the center of each cookie!
I believe beautiful cookies need a beautiful set up!
These cookies are impeccable! It’s everything you love wrapped into one deliciously gorgeous holiday cookie! They’re perfect for Christmas movie watching, for the family to munch on, to give in little goodie bags for Christmas gifts to friends, or to put out the night before for Santa!