Yes Diamonds! Nutella nuggets! They’re the most delicious, incredible, little pop-able sweet treats you could indulge yourself in. These babies would liven up any party, curb any peanut butter and chocolate craving you’re having, and they’ll make any movie night magnificent by serving the best ooey-gooey snack to munch on! Just imagine it! Puff pastry gets filled with thick, wonderful globs of Nutella and baked until golden brown. Then, they get an irresistible drizzle of melty peanut butter and a delectable dusting of powdered sugar. These little nuggets are so freaking addicting it’s unreal! I used left over puff pastry dough I had from a previous recipe to make this batch right here, but if you want to make a whole bunch of them you can go ahead and purchase as much puff pastry as you think you would need. I promise you that you’ll be more than happy with these and so will your kids! Trust me, Diamonds. 🙂
Ingredients you will need to make these nuggets:
- Left over puff pastry! If it’s not left over and you’re using freshly bought dough, allow the dough to fully come to room temperature. Roll the dough in a ball like the one you see I used in the photos above. You want to do this because you’re just going to pick pieces off of the dough, fill it and fold them into nugget shapes.
- Flour to just sprinkle the counter with so none of the puff pastry sticks anywhere.
- Peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
- One egg
- Prep your dough by flouring it up a bit so you can easily rip pieces off to make your nuggets.
- Spread a glob of that yumminess on a piece of the puff pastry.
- This amount of hazelnut spread is good for this specific size of nuggets we are making. When you hold up the piece of puff pastry it should almost be covering all four of your fingers, but not quite.
- Roll the puff pastry dough around the filling and form them into nuggets.
- As I said in my recent Valentine’s Day post.. you always want to have an egg wash ready when you’re working with puff pastry dough, or any type of dough for that matter.
- Crack one egg and whisk with a splash of water to make the egg wash.
- Brush the egg wash on top of each of the nuggets that are on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Bake for 15 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Once the nuggets have cooled for just a few minutes you can arrange them on some sort of board that you love, or a decorative plate that’s very special to you.
Drizzle Drizzle Drizzle with peanut butter!
Let’s get ready to dust that powdered sugar!
Let it snow powdered sugar Diamonds!
Putting powdered sugar on different pastries and other certain sweets just amplifies the flavor especially when using dough! I love the nostalgia it gives me as well because when I was a little girl I used to help my Nanny make Italian bow tie cookies (crystals) and right after they were done she would allow me to sprinkle the powdered sugar on top.
Get ready to dig right into these luscious balls of love!
I know you and your loved ones will instantly fall head over heels for these nifty nuggets. The textures are incredible and the taste is unreal! You’ll want to keep popping them into your mouth until there aren’t any left! If you enjoyed that messy Muddy Buddies snack as a kid you’ll definitely obsess over these considering the only noticeable difference is the soft texture that these ones have compared to the snack that you can buy in the bag. Due to the texture of these, this sweet treat is much more filling and satisfying to your taste buds as well.