Whenever you’re planning on getting together with everyone you know and love to watch the biggest game of the year, you always always need snacks! It’s a necessity! No matter how much food you’re planning on making or your guests are planning on bringing, a game is not a game without a big bowl of salty, crunchy snacks laying on the coffee table right in front of the big screen. If you have all of the main dishes set up in the kitchen, you’ll of course want to have the pick food set up in the living room. That’s just how these Super Bowl parties operate. It’s pretty much a known tradition to have bowls of snacks laying around in the living room while you’re binging a show, enjoying an afternoon movie, or watching a really important game like the one approaching us this Sunday evening! Instead of putting out individual bowls filled with tortilla chips, ruffle chips, pretzel sticks, popcorn, and a yummy cheesy snack like we normally would, I figured what better way to serve them then to them all together as an amazing buttery, tasty snack mix?!
The seasoned butter for this game day mix:
- Whenever I’m making this big of a mix of any kind and I want to make a seasoned mixture to coat the snacks with, I always start with at least 3/4 stick of butter.
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pot over medium-low heat.
- Then, season with 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt, 1/2 teaspoon of sweet & smokey spice mix, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder, a couple cracks of black pepper, and a handful of dried parsley.
- Let this seasoned butter simmer on low for about five-ten minutes to allow the flavors to come together and really infuse that butter.
As your butter simmers on the stove, pop your popcorn until the entire bag is popped. Be sure not burn the popcorn or the butter. Stand by!
The first snack to enter to bowl:
- Restaurant style tortilla chips. Pour them in until 1/4 of the bowl is covered.
- Another layer of chips goes in using ruffles!
- Shake in 1/4 bag of seasoned buttered pretzel sticks.
- When the popcorn is finished popping, pour in 1/2 the bag. I didn’t use the entire bag because I wanted this to be a snack mix filled with equal amounts of all the ingredients that I chose to add and not just a popcorn snack mix like my Valentine’s post that went up a week ago.
- For the last layer of snacks I shook on some new “layered” cheese chips! You can find them in the snack aisle in your local grocery store.
- Mix all of the ingredients up and pour the seasoned butter over everything.
Once you introduce this marvelous mix to your friends and family tomorrow when you’re gathering around to watch the Super Bowl, they’ll want you to make it for every other game day and sports event that you plan on hosting! This snack mix is the greatest of all time for those parties where you need a little salty, and smokey snack to munch on while enjoying everyones company. The only problem you’ll have with this big bowl of deliciousness is that you might run out pretty quickly, so be sure to make a back up bowl and cover it really tight until another round is needed!