Banana bread is a work of art in my eyes. It’s a soft, moist but dense, and deliciously sweet bread that would make any morning, weekend brunch, or cup of coffee that much better. It tastes like cake in bread form and who wouldn’t just fall in love with that? I truly believe any time is an incredible time for a satisfying slice of banana bread. It’s always been one of the most popular of dessert breads and it always will be. A few years ago I used to be on the fence about my love for bananas, but as I grew a bit older I realized their greatness in the world of culinary arts. One of their most beloved uses is of course creating beautiful, luscious loaves of banana bread. You can enjoy it in it’s purest form or add all of the flavors that you adore when pairing with bananas inside just like I did. This is the best banana bread you will ever have in your life. The flavors and textures are divinely decadent, and I promise you’ll fall in love right after your very first bite.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Two cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- One stick of butter melted
- Two ripened bananas
- One egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of whipped cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of peanut butter
- Four tablespoons of milk
- Two tablespoons of powdered sugar
- Two mixing bowls.
Mash your ripe bananas
Crack the egg
Pour in the melted stick of butter.
Add the sugar to sweeten things up a bit.
Mix the wet ingredients up with a hand mixer.
The dry ingredients:
- Mix the flour and the baking soda together!
Pour the dry ingredients into the wet!
Mix Mix Mix!!!
Add 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips and combine.
The texture turns out thick, fluffy, and amazing!
- In a separate bowl mix together the cream cheese, peanut butter, milk, and powdered sugar to create the most phenomenal filling.
Grease your bread pan with butter to keep this banana bread from sticking.
- Place half of the banana bread batter in the bottom of your greased bread pan.
- Then fill the middle with the peanut butter and cream cheese filling.
- Finally, spread the remaining bread batter on top and swirl the filling all throughout with a butter spreader or any kind of spreader that you have. It also makes the top look gorgeous after it’s finished baking as well.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour!
- When the hour is up before taking it out of the oven I always take a toothpick to any bread or cake to see if it comes out “clean” and if it does, it’s done!