I am a dip fanatic! I love every kind of dip no matter if its cool and creamy, hot and cheesy, or sweet and fluffy. Dip is one of my favorite things on this planet as I enjoy mixing flavors and textures together to make a spectacular spread that you’re able to dip delicious goodies and snacks into to create the most amazing moment of munching. This particular dip has everything you could ever want when you’re craving something outrageously delicious! It’s filled with creamy, cheesy deliciousness, chunks of juicy rotisserie chicken, a touch of just the right kind of spice and smokiness, and of course, great onion flavor. There really is no better dip to serve as an appetizer at any type of gathering! Make this whenever you’re invited to a birthday party, a Holiday celebration, or a premier party that you’re throwing in your living room with your girls to enjoy the excitement of the first showing of your new favorite film!
Ingredients for the dip:
- Street taco tortilla shells to make the homemade chips that you’ll use as a vessel!
- Finely chopped black olives.
- Small diced green bell pepper. (Use half depending on the size of the pepper)
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped.
- Green onion. You can really use as much as you’d like! I love using green onion in recipes. I feel that it gives great flavor.
- Shredded taco cheddar cheese.
- Hot sauce. (NOT BUFFALO SAUCE!)
- One block of cream cheese. The good kind!
- One cup of your favorite mayonnaise.
- 3/4 cup of sour cream.
Collect all of the creamy ingredients inside of a mixing bowl!
- Add the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, and as much hot sauce as you would like to a bowl! If you would like to add taco sauce or taco seasoning to this mixture you can do that as well.
- Then season until your hearts content with seasoned salt, freshly cracked black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, sweet and smokey seasoning, paprika, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Combine all of the creamy ingredients together with a hand mixer.
- Then, toss in the chicken, bell peppers, onions, cheese, and olives.
When everything is fully incorporated, transfer to a baking dish, top with more shredded cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes fully covered. Then bake for another 15 minutes uncovered so that the cheese can become nice and bubbly!
While the dip is baking it’s the perfect time to create the chips!
- Cut the tortillas into triangular chip shapes and place in an oil coated pan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and chili powder. Flip the chips over to continue cooking on the other side after just a few minutes.
Diamonds I have to tell you these chips are DE-licious! It is so worth making them homemade! Such a wonderful touch and a tasty treat!
Garnish with a few more dashes of hot sauce, chopped green onion, and chili powder to finish everything off with!
There’s absolutely nothing left to do then of course, DIP ON IN! 😉
Once you start making this dip for your friends and family, they’ll ask you to make it time and time again for absolutely every occasion because it’s just THAT GOOD. It is everything you could ever want and more! I noticed there were dip parties that people were throwing lately as something fun and excited to do with the people you love most and this would be the absolute best thing to bring if you happened to be attending one of those any time soon! Also if you’re new to the world of hosting things and making your way around the kitchen this dip is the ideal place for you to begin that journey.