The Theme Is Green And Gorgeous!
I just want to make one thing clear, Diamonds. I do not have the slightest bit of Irish blood running through my veins, BUT that does not mean that I can’t create a stunningly gorgeous St. Patrick’s Day board to fill up on all the great green charcuterie snacks there are to offer in this world. Well, maybe not all of them, but definitely quite a few! There is everything and anything you could ever want loaded on this board from marvelous meats and cheeses that are in the theme of green, to crispy vegetables, crackers, fruit, olives, dip, and even sweets! I swear you can never have a Holiday board without including some delicious desserts to make it absolutely perfect. I never truly need an excuse to make a board, but whenever a new season, Holiday, event, or some sort of party is approaching it’s always the ideal excuse for me to do so. Which of course, makes me one happy girl!
A view from the middle.
I had to get a wonderful shot right smack in the center to show you Diamonds what divine details I put into this green themed board! If you’s ever take notice I don’t care for having space in between ingredients on any of the boards I make. I believe when everything is placed in the right spot in just the right fashion it almost tells a story! If you are new to board building you will develop your own style on creating boards like these. Although, the one piece of advice I could give you is do not overcrowd an area with too much of one thing. What I mean by that is don’t put all the cheese in a group right next to each other or all of the meat, and so on and so fourth! You want things spread out evenly so people feel like they have endless options in so many different areas. By building your board with the separation method in mind you will always have a rainbow of colors and textures floating all around the platter and that’s exactly what we want!!
The four cheeses:
- Pesto infused gouda
- Chive infused goat cheese
- Mature Irish cheddar
- Irish Porter cheddar cheese
The one and only dip:
- DILL DIP! I love dill so so much! I’m aware it’s either a love or hate kind of flavor like cilantro, but it’s my all time favorite herb and I wanted to keep with the green theme.
As for the sweets:
- Irish cream cheesecake
- Fresh butter cookies. (My favorite on a board)
- Lofthouse frosted sugar cookies. (These are nostalgic for millennials like myself!)
Crackers, Crackers, Crackers:
- The famous rich, buttery cracker that we all know and love since we were children.
- Garlic and chive pita crackers. These pair excellent with the chive infused goat cheese.
- Asiago and cheddar cheese crisps.
The green snacks:
- Freshly sliced green bell peppers.
- Jalapeno stuffed green olives. The best olives on this planet. In my opinion.
- Raw crisp green beans. If you’ve never had a raw green bean, you must! They’re delightful dipped into your favorite creamy dip, especially the one I have served in this bell pepper bowl.
Make your St. Patrick’s Day fun, memorable and insanely yummy by recreating this amazing board! You can take it to work to surprise your co-workers or you can simply serve it in the center of your kitchen Island for the entire family to enjoy while they wait for the corned beef and cabbage to come off the stove.