I have been extremely into creating quick breads lately! Brainstorming all different combinations and flavors for Summer has become quite the hobby of mine. The first bread I knew I wanted to make was this one right here! Whenever I think of a sensational Summertime pairing, lemon and blueberry will always come to my mind before anything else. This sweet fruity bread that’s glazed with the most perfectly tart cream cheese icing is absolute Summer perfection! If you’re looking to welcome a new friend into the neighborhood, or you’re building someone a get well or sympathy basket, this blueberry bread is the way to do it! It just screams I care about you and I’m thinking of you this time of year without having to get someone a card or something they’re probably not going to keep forever, anyway. I’ve definitely always been a card person but let’s be honest Diamonds, who doesn’t love food and especially receiving it as a gift? That’ll put a smile on anybody’s face!
As Usual, let’s start with the wet ingredients first!
Inside a glass mixing bowl prepare the wet mixture:
- One stick of butter, melted and slightly cooled.
- Two eggs at room temperature.
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt. This is going to give the bread great texture and to keep it extra moist as well.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Now we can get the dry ingredients prepared!
- 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Whisk the dry ingredients together and get ready to combined the two!
ALWAYS pour the dry mixture into the wet before mixing so that the batter does not clump and you do not over mix!
The final step before pouring the dough into the bread pan is to of course add the blueberries.
- Pour 2/3 cup of blueberries into the batter and mix with a spatula just to combine. You do not want to over mix. You are also welcomed to add up to one full cup of blueberries if you would like to but this is the amount of fruit that I am satisfied with being that I really like to taste the bread as well.
When your batter is looking beautiful like this you can get ready to put it into a greased baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour:
The Sweet Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze:
- The zest of half of a lemon.
- The Juice of half of a lemon.
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- 2 tablespoons of milk.
- 4 oz. of whole fat cream cheese.
After letting the bread cool down for just a few minutes you can begin drizzling the cream cheese glaze all over.
Maybe it’s just because I’ve always been an icing connoisseur, but the glaze on this bread makes enjoying this such a luscious dessert bread experience! Having sweets like this freshly baked around the kitchen are perfect in my opinion because you can have an indulging breakfast if you’re someone with a sweet tooth, a delectable snack, or you can give your guests something delicious to nibble on while you serve them coffee or tea when they come over to visit. No matter which way you enjoy this bread you’re going to love it so much!