As we all know, Summer is the absolute queen of hot dog season! I have always been obsessed with hot dogs ever since I was a little girl, but especially in the Summer time! There is nothing better than one of these babies hot off the grill glistening in the hot sun; ready to be loaded with all of the incredible fixings! You can also enjoy them naked if that’s how you roll. Fortunately, as a Diamond I do everything extra over here, so I not only wanted to pile them with a bunch of toppings, but I wanted to recreate a flavor profile that everyone always pairs with chicken. Hence, “chicken bacon ranch!” In this case when building these hot dogs I am replacing the chicken with a bacon cheddar hot dog and topping it off with smoked bacon cheddar cheese, crisp veggies for some coolness and freshness, and a creamy, herby ranch dressing. I really enjoy matching up smokey and cool flavors together. It works just perfectly!
Let’s build the most exceptional cheddar bacon ranch dogs:
- You are welcome to either grill, air fry, or pan sear your cheddar bacon hot dogs! If you don’t have a local farm near you and you can not find homemade ones such as these then you can top the hot dog off with pieces of bacon. I opted out for adding extra bacon on top because I didn’t want this experience of deliciousness to be overwhelmed with bacon flavor.
- You can also toast your bun as well if you prefer that, but I love mine soft and squishy next to everything else.
- Start with a good, soft potato bun or any type of hot dog bun from a bakery. You don’t want to purchase anything that’s going to fall apart.
- Melt the smoked bacon cheddar all over the hot dog when it only has one minute left to go and place it in the bottom of the bun.
- Top with shredded iceberg lettuce, chopped beefsteak tomatoes, and sliced spring onions.
- Drizzle with that thick, yet cool and creamy ranch!
- Sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper.
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- A few dashes of worcestershire sauce.
- 1/3 cup of your favorite herby green goddess dressing.
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- A pinch of cilantro.
- Season with freshly cracked pepper and garlic salt to taste.
Not your traditional everyday ranch dressing I know, but it is truly sensational especially on these cheddar bacon hot dogs!
If you are serving these hot dogs outside on the patio, by the pool, at the kitchen island, or at the coffee table in front of the couch the best way to do it is to arrange everything onto a large wooden board. That way everyone can pick on what they would like, when they would like! I adore using my boards for things so much. A charcuterie board can be used to so so much more! You just have to get creative!
- Crunchy, salty fries and tater tots with ketchup are the superior choices for the sides of these smokey dogs.
- Garlic pickles.
- I also garnished with some parmesan pesto long hot peppers that will be coming to the blog soon!
These hot dogs are everything and more that you love in chicken bacon ranch subs, except the chicken is now a hot dog! They’re insanely mouthwatering and completely hit the spot after a day of swimming in this humid Summer heat. Normally, when it’s been this hot out I’m never hungry for big meals or hot comforting dinners, but this beautiful board filled with wonderful food is perfect for me on days where you can’t beat the heat. I believe they will be just perfect for you Diamonds as well! If you’re having friends or family over definitely make these or even set up a “create your own” bar with different cheddar cheeses and cool toppings so they can be innovative!