If you hate traditional chicken soup this is the recipe to make! You’ll fall in love with it! It’s so comforting, so tasty, and so not boring!
My dad was sick this past weekend and feeling really under the weather, so he didn’t have much of an appetite. Normally, he is very good when it comes to mind over matter when he gets any type of sickness but unfortunately, not this time. I love doing sweet gestures for people I love, especially if it’s something I’d want to share with all of my Diamonds, so I offered to make him a pot of flavorful, creamy chicken soup and he accepted! Traditionally, when people are feeling ill in any sort of way the go to soup is always chicken noodle or even chicken and rice, but not in this house! We like rich, chunky soups with a delightful, mouthwatering broth, and lots of cheese! Honestly, the type of cheese you choose to put into any of the soups you make would be completely your call, but I do think parmesan cheese makes every spoonful that much more decadent. Once you start adding it to your soups you won’t be able to stop!
How to create this chicken soup:
Pour two tablespoons of olive oil and three tablespoons of butter into a stock pot over medium heat. Into the pot add:
- One medium diced onion of your choice.
- One medium diced green bell pepper.
- One medium diced red bell pepper.
- 3 stocks of spring onions, chopped.
- 4 stocks of celery, chopped.
- Let the vegetables caramelize for 15 minutes or so.
- After the vegetables have finished caramelizing you can then add one tablespoon of flour in to thicken the soup so that the broth is just the right kind of velvety smooth.
- After the flour is stirred in you can toss in a can of cannellini beans, three chopped golden potatoes (they’re the best), and shredded chicken breasts from a rotisserie chicken. I think that has the most flavor when it comes to adding chicken into a soup, as well as being the easiest way.
As for Liquids:
- Pour in one container of chicken stock.
- Then pour in two cups of water.
- 1/2 pint of heavy whipping cream.
- Add in one teaspoon of dried oregano.
- One tablespoon of parsley.
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 block of freshly grated mild cheddar cheese.
- Stir that all in and bring to a boil. Then let everything simmer for at least one hour.
Garnish with freshly grated mild cheddar cheese.
I know it is technically not soup season yet, but it sure is upon us! This recipe is definitely the best way for you Diamonds for kick it off! It’s an extremely easy and exceptional soup to make to transition your way into Autumn. This truly did hit the spot when I made it and my dad was very pleased with how it tasted and how it made him feel. If you have any loved ones in your life that are feeling under the weather or just have a case of the blues, this cheesy chicken, potato, and white bean soup will absolutely be the ultimate cure!
2 Comments Add yours
Looks delicious 😋
I typically don’t carmalize my vegetables when making soup. I’m sure it gives more flavor.
Can’t wait to try. Thanks Breanna 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes I notice many many people don’t BUT you are correct it gives the soup so much more flavor. Soup is never good without tons of flavor so why more people don’t caramelize them I’m not sure. You should do so the next time you are making soup or when you give this recipe a try and you will absolutely see a difference!