Now, I know we all love pizza! America literally goes crazy for it, especially on a Friday night like the one we’re about to have. It’s a perfect day to order pizza, watch movies, and lounge in pajamas while you stay up half the night just because you can! Instead of ordering pizza, let’s make it ourselves for a fun activity! I’m loving flatbreads lately, so I wanted to show you Diamonds how to get creative with them instead of regular old pizza dough. Life’s all about having a good time and changing things up, so that’s exactly what I love to do. The texture of flatbreads are incredible to me. They’re also fantastic because of how small and personal they are. There are flatbreads you can purchase that are even smaller then these, or if you’re really adventurous, you can make your own!
Prep your flatbreads and your ingredients you’ll need to top them with!
- Brush some good olive oil all over each one of your flatbreads.
- Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Medium dice a whole white onion.
- Medium dice half of a pineapple.
- Medium dice an entire pack of Canadian bacon.
It’s time to get caramelizing!
- Caramelize the onions and pineapple together with two tablespoons of olive oil and two tablespoons of butter along with some sea salt, black pepper, thyme, parsley, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Drizzle in four tablespoons of honey.
In a separate pan:
- Fry the Canadian bacon in two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Season with seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
While everything is cooking, you begin to built your flatbreads.
- Spread a generous helping of mascarpone cheese across each flatbread.
After the Canadian bacon is fried and the pineapple has become beautifully caramelized, it’s time to pile that on as well!
- Finish by ripping apart fresh mozzarella and place it accordingly on top.
- Garnish with parsley. You can use scallions or chives if you would like as well!
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes!
Just look at how INCREDIBLE they turn out!
If you love a sweet and spicy combination, serving sliced hot cherry peppers to place on top of the flatbreads will be the perfect fit for that craving! The flavor profile of these even without adding the peppers is out of this world!! They’ve got that whole sweet, salty, creamy, and tart vibe going on. Truly a remarkable taste together. I know there so many of you out there who are extremely against pineapple on pizza, but do me a favor, and take a chance on this recipe! I guarantee you, you will not be disappointed.